Twitter Video Maker - Wondershare Filmora
Provide abundant video effects - A creative video editor
Powerful color correction and grading
Detailed tutorials provided by the official channel
Retweeting is a great way to share videos and posts quickly with just a single click. However, retweeting is not what one may always want. Sometimes constantly retweeting can create clutter on your profile.
Retweets also don't allow you to change captions or give the post a bit of your flavor. In that case, you might want to add your thoughts on a particular Twitter video or express something entirely different. This article will show you you can post or Tweet the same video without retweeting it. So, let us begin:
Why Posting Your Own Content is Better than Retweeting Videos
If you are a blogger or an influencer, you will understand the importance of posting new content and engaging your Twitter followers. To ensure you have original content, 75% of your posts should be yours, and 25% should be retweets. Here is why you need original content for your Twitter profile:
Build a Relationship with the Audience
Content is vital in building relationships across the globe. Your signature or original content allows people to associate a specific type of content with you. It can be because of your views on a matter or what you represent. Constantly retweeting content might leave a negative impression on your audience, especially about your originality.
Your own Input to a Situation
While retweeting allows you to leave a comment on someone else’s tweet, sometimes posting a video yourself and writing your thoughts on it creates a better impression. You can delve deeper and express yourself by posting your own content.
A better Look for your Twitter Profile
Your own posts have a nicer look compared to retweets. On your profile, people will find your views more interesting if they see you have posted it yourself and not just retweeted different videos.
Usually, the person who retweets is almost hidden in the retweet. So, people hardly notice who retweeted it, so it doesn't look good. On the flip side, if you post content and someone retweets it, you will gain new followers as people connect with your content and want to explore more of it.
Market your Own Brand
When you are retweeting posts and videos, you are marketing someone else on your profile most of the time. If you are an individual on Twitter looking for new followers or creating your own unique identity, then retweeting other people's tweets won't cut it. You will have to post your own videos so people can find them on your profile.
You are not Credited for the Content.
If you are retweeting a post on your profile, you will mostly not appear in the data chain at all. And why that may be bad? If you retweet a video on your profile and someone retweets it again from your profile, the video will be linked back to the original source, taking you out of the equation. It will appear as if you didn't exist at all.
Online profiles are all about creating an online presence, and what use is it if you are only part of someone else's data, not creating your own.
Share Twitter Videos Without ReTweeting Android
Those using Android may not have the Share Tweet feature that iPhones have. This feature allows you to share any Twitter video without retweeting. However, this is quite a nice hack that allows you to reap the same results. Here is how you can share a Twitter video without retweeting:
- Before starting, make sure the Twitter app is installed on your phone.
- Open the Twitter app and locate the video you want to share.
- Once you find the video, open the tweet and tap on the small share iconunder the Tweet.
- This will show you several options. Tap on Copy Link to Tweet.
- Now go back to the main page and type a new Tweet.
- Compose your Tweet and then paste the URL that you copied.
- Then you need to edit the URL that you pasted. Remove the parameters at the end that is “?s=20”.
- After removing, write in place of it "/video/1".
- For example if the URL is “https://twitter.com/<username>/status/1234567890?s=”
- Then replace it with “https://twitter.com/username/status/1234567890/video/1”
- Now click on the Tweetbutton to post your Tweet.
And that's it! You can add any video to your tweet with this method. This method is for Android users only. You can also follow the same steps if you are using Chrome or Twitter on the web.
Share Twitter Videos Without Retweeting iPhone.
There are various ways to post a video from Twitter without retweeting it. iPhone gives you the option to do that when you want to share the video. You can post the video as your own and comment on it as well without retweeting anyone else's video.
There are two methods to do this. One is by using the Tweet Video option, and the other is by using the Shortcuts app on iPhone. This article shows how you can do that by using both methods.
1. Sharing Twitter Videos with the Tweet Video Option
If you are an iPhone user, you can easily post any video from Twitter on your profile without retweeting. This method uses the Tweet Video app on iPhone that allows you to seamlessly Tweet videos without retweeting. So, let us dive in:
- Open your Twitter app and log in with your credentials.
- Locate the video you want to share.
- Tap and hold down the play button on the video.
- This will show some options on the screen. Select the Tweet Videooption from the bottom of the screen.
- This will automatically generate the URL for the video for you to Tweet.
- The URL will already be pasted in the Compose Tweet Box. Now, you can add any caption you like to the video and click on Tweetto post the video.
The video will now successfully be Tweeted without being retweeted.
2. Sharing Twitter Videos with the Shortcuts App
A very easy way to Tweet a Twitter video without retweeting is by using the Shortcuts app. The Shortcuts app allows you to run a whole process on your phone by creating a shortcut for it. Here is how you can Tweet a video with the Shortcuts app:
- Before starting, make sure you have the Shortcuts app installed on your iPhone. If you don't have it, you can easily install it from the Apple store.
- Next, open your phone’s browser and open https://www.tvdl.app/. With TVDL, you can download Twitter videos on your phone by entering their URL.
- You will see the Get Shortcutoption on your screen. Tap on it.
- This will redirect to the shortcuts app, where you can create a shortcut for the website.
- Add the TVDL link there and in the description, tap on Add Untrusted Shortcut.
- If you see an error message, you can go to Settingsand then turn on the Allow Untrusted Shortcuts
- Now, open your Twitter app and locate the video you want to Tweet.
- Tap on the small share icon under the Tweet and then tap on Share Video Via….
- From the options, select the TVDL shortcut.
- If this is your first time using this shortcut, you would need to grant access to third-party API, your Twitter account, and the Photos app so you can save videos on your phone.
- You can then select the download quality, and the video will start downloading.
- Once downloaded, it will save in your Photos app.
- To Tweet, the video, open your Twitter account and go to Create a New Tweet.
- Under the Compose Tweet box, you will find the option to add a video from your gallery.
- For ease of access, the most recent videos in the gallery will appear as top thumbnails, and you will find the video you just downloaded in it.
- You can then trim the length of the video as the max limit for a video is 2 minutes and 20 seconds.
- Once trimmed, you can click on Tweet to post the video along with a lovely caption.
And that is how you can post a Twitter video without retweeting it from your iPhone.
While retweeting takes a single click, posting the same video on your Twitter profile without Retweeting also takes around the same amount of time. Creating your own post rather than retweeting makes you prominent on a platform with millions of people. Whether you are an android user or an iPhone user, the above methods will work all the same.
Give your followers some new content rather than just retweeting posts with this new method. Follow the steps mentioned above, and you will easily be able to share a video on Twitter without retweeting.
And you will see the positive impact it has on your profile marketing your content.