Top 10 Best Screen Recorders for Gameplay and Tutorial
Screen recorders are software programs that are used for the purpose of capturing whatever you are doing on your desktop. If you can encounter the best screen recorder, then I am sure the recording process is very easy. You just need to press the record button. However, some of you may not be that lucky. The silver lining is that we have picked up 10 best screen recorders after weighing some screen recorders on the Internet. Following are some of the best screen recorders we recommend for gameplay and tutorial.
Part 1: Best screen recorders for gameplay
1. Filmora Scrn (Windows and Mac)
The first in the list of best screen recorders is Filmora Scrn which comes with Mac and Windows versions and allows the users to avail many amazing benefits. The hardware acceleration and the simpleast user interface make Filmora Scrn exceptionally good in all aspects. This is the most trustworthy software and is recommended by many game lovers.
- Gives facility of recording two devices at the same time
- Able to import 50+ file formats and export the recorded file into multiple formats
- Allows recording all or just a particular part of the screen
- Powerful editing tools like PIP mode
- Supports HD and even 4k recording
- Frame rate from 15 to 120 FPS
2. OBS (Windows, Mac and Linux)
Another best screen recorder is OBS which also has some great features to make the recorded video a high-quality one. The users can enjoy multiple themes and filters for videos. With the help of OBS, the users can stream live to Twitch or YouTube gaming and also encode them in FLV formats. You can take advantage of this software’s compatibility with Windows, Mac or Linux. This best screen recorder offers various configuration options like adding fresh sources, duplicating existing ones or adjusting their properties easily.
- No limit on length of the videos
- No watermarks on the exported videos
- Provides video filtering with Chroma key, image masking and image correction
- Take more time while setting up beacuse of its primitive and complicated interface
- Doesn’t have advanced editing features as in the case of other software
3. Xsplit (Windows)
Further in the list is Xsplit. This is one of the best screen recorders because it contains two different flavors which are “Broadcaster” and “Gamecaster”. The former is intended to use for general purpose screen recording while the latter one is for gamers mainly. Xsplit Broadcaster comes with three tiers namely free, personal (designed for eager streamers), and premium (for commercial purpose). This screen recorder leaves watermark on recordings which are over 60 FPS and have resolutions more than 720p. The software is able to support all capture cards and can be used for professional production features.
- Comes with the ability to capture input from any sources
- Good quality recording and live streaming
- Fast and helpful technical support
- Limited output format with only MP4 and FLV
- Unable to support Diamond CG500
4. Snagit (Windows and Mac)
Snagit is a premium screen recorder which is very popular among professionals who love to capture gameplay. The best thing about this software is the excellent tech support which is offered for free. The powerful editing tools, ability to set hot keys and seamless integration with cloud based services make Snagit the best screen recording software in the game market. Although there is a free version of the software available, the majority of its tools cannot be used without buying the premium edition.
- The recording process is effortless with the quick access toolbar
- The price $49.95 is a little expensive as compared to others
- Email setup while registering or installing to work with the program is a little complicated
- Snagit lacks in protection with a secure FTP connection
5. Windows 10 Game Bar (Windows)
If you are a fan of Xbox and looking for the best screen recorder to record the games, Windows 10 Game Bar will be an ideal choice. Game Bar is an inbuilt game recorder in Windows 10 and is part of Xbox. You can record and share your Xbox games via Windows 10 with ease. Also, it can help in taking screenshot.
- Shows great compatibility with Windows 10
- Privilege to add custom hotkeys
- Helps in recording multiple gameplay
- Sometimes, Windows 10 Game fails to work with other games than Xbox games
Part 2: Best screen recorders for tutorial
1. Movavi (Windows and Mac)
When looking for the best screen recorder to capture a tutorial, you can opt for Movavi which designed specifically for business tutorials. You can share your Skype interviews or conference call to enhance your business work. Also, Movavi can help you making business tutorials for convincing customers by effective proposals containing demos of what your company does.
- Can record streaming videos, Skype calls, games, applications etc
- A lot of advanced tools such as slow motion effect or green screen effect
- Users can only export MP4 format
- Users may experience crash issues sporadically
- Provides various functions like drawing, outlining, adding arrows or text to the captured videos
- Webcam and screen can be recorded simultaneously
- Can zoom in and zoom out recording
- Also able to set multiple screen captures on a timer
- Free version allows only 5 minutes of recording
- Only WEBM format is available with free version
- No restriction on size and time while recording tutorials
- Easily able to record real-time videos such as presentations or live webinars
- Sound editing features for enhancing video quality prior to sharing
- You have to buy the product in order to avail full features
- Video capture encoding cannot be changed
- Plugin can be added to QuickTime
- Unlimited recording offered according to the availability of storage space on your hard drive
- The software is only able to export MOV format
- Two devices sometimes can’t be played simultaneously via QuickTime
- Very simple and straightforward to use
- No limitation on recording time
- Can easily help in writing comments in the recorded file
- The file’s link can be simply shared
- No availability of editing tools
Limited recording functionalities as a plug-in
We offered some refined and best screen recorders available in the market offering different features and options. The point has come where you need to figure out and make your mind on which one is the best screen recorder and which one will go according to your preferences. Some has many useful features while some has limited. So, it’s your call now! Make the best choice and get the screen captured with the desired and best screen recorder. We hope that you got the results you longed for. Thanks for the time given to read this article!
You May Also Like: How to Record the Screen and Upload it to YouTube >>
2. Icecream (Windows and Mac)
If you want to make tutorial and share it with your friends and family, Icecream Screen Recorder is just made for you. It can help in representing your tutorial in a better way by graphically listing the tutorial steps. This best screen reorder will ultimately make your friends understand the video well. Also, you can draw, zoom or add watermark to your tutorial videos. This editing will give an improved look to your files.
3. AceThinker Screen Grabber Pro (Windows and Mac)
AceThinker is another screen recorder. Its best part is it offers scheduled recording feature. This means you can set a start time and recording duration and leave the rest on the program. It will automatically begin to capture at the arranged timing. This tool is ultimately going to help the people who are going out and need a specific time to record the video.
4. QuickTime (Mac)
The Mac users can get recording fun with QuickTime in view of the fact that it is quite easy when used. It is popular software for Mac where the users can not just record but edit their videos and even audio files. With the help of QuickTime, you can directly upload your files to social media platforms such as YouTube, AirDrop etc. However, sometimes, people will require using Soundflower in order to record audio.
5. Loom (Windows and Mac)
Loom is yet another best screen recorder you can use to capture your videos for tutorials. It is a plugin for Chrome and makes itself a convenient product because of its ease. It can also help in taking screenshot easily wherever you want. If you don't want to download software, Loom will be the best option for you.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>