- Featured Articles
- Video Editing Tips -
- • Free Video Editing Software
- • Mp4 Video Editors
- • How to Trim Videos
- • Free Video Croppers
- • How to Rotate Videos
- • Latest Video Editing Tips
- • How to Loop Videos
- • Best Video Makers
- Screen Recording Tips +
- • Screen Recorder for Win 10
- • Screen Record on Mac
- • Game Video Recorder
- • Record Webcam Videos
- • Record YouTube Video
- Audio Editing Tips +
- YouTube Video Tips +
- Add Video Effects +
Best 10 Photo Slideshow Apps for iOS and Android [Recommended]
Photo slideshow app has become all the rage thanks to their ability to have anyone look like an editing pro in putting together images, creating interesting effects, and sharing them with friends online. With so many to choose from, it can be difficult to know what app is the best.
However, don't worry. If you don't know how to choose a photo slideshow app, here are some basic features you’ll need including the following:
- Easy to Use: If you feel like the app is clumsy that even can't find where to edit a slideshow, don't use this kind of app because you are wasting your time at all!
- Fancy Effects: Effects can make your photo slideshow fancier. You might want to consider it. However, effects can't make sure you could create a fancy and touching photo slideshow.
- Easy to Share Online: It is a must to share online for an app because social media has already immersed in our life now.
In this article, we have selected the 10 best photo slideshow apps for iOS and Android. Check it out!
- Photo Slideshow Director
- Photo FX Live Wallpaper
- Photo Slideshow & Video Maker
- PIXGRAM – Music Photo Slideshow
- Slideshow Maker
Best slideshow maker for beginners and semi-pros on Windows and Mac
Slideshow apps for iOS and Android have limited options when compared to desktop slideshow video maker. So, we recommend you to try Wondershare Filmora.
You can import unlimited photos to Filmora. JPG and PNG are supported to use. After importing, you can use various transitions to make the slideshow smoother.
More importantly, You can make a slideshow with more than 150 free effects to touch up your video. After editing, you can directly share it on social platforms. It is so easy to make slideshow with Filmora. Just download it to have a try!
Best Recommended Photo Slideshow Maker: Filmora
This slideshow maker app promises a highly customizable user platform with an easy-to-use interface. It is much easier to cut videos and one can also apply various filters over content with lots of ready-made themes. FilmoraGo has received higher attention from the user community due to its professional setup and development tools.
- Offers a wide collection of themes.
- Possesses so many cool effects like reverse, slow motion, and fast motion etc.
- Easy sharing on social media platforms.
Before you go check the 10 best slideshow makers, we made a comparison table that could give you a reference while reviewing. Take a look!
|Supported Platform||Price||Support HD Video||Share Online||Pros||Cons|
|PicPlayPost||iOS||Free/Purchase||Y||Y||Intuitive program is easy to use; Various effects||It will have a watermark|
|SlideLab||iOS/Android||Free/Purchase||N||Y||You can keep the photo in its original size||Does not support iTunes music|
|Photo Slideshow Director||iOS||Free/Purchase||Y||Y||Supports HD full screen; Can make music videos||Sometimes glitches will appear|
|PicFlow||iOS||Free/Purchase||N||Y||Drop and drop to edit a photo; Various transitions to use||30 FPS is the highest codec|
|iMovie||iOS||Free to Use||Y||Y||Many movie themes to use; You can change audio||Beginners may find it not easy to use|
|Photo FX Live Wallpaper||Android||Free to Use||N||Y||You can customize the photo; High-quality output||You will experience crash sometimes|
|Photo Slideshow||Android||Free to Use||Y||Y||Photo effects are various; You can add photos from folders||Not easy to share photos|
|Pixgram||Android/iOS||Free/Purchase||N||Y||Supports different photo sizes; Beginners will love it||It only supports your own music|
|Slideshow Maker||Android||Free to Use||N||Y||The interface is easy to use; You can edit video fast||It only supports your own music|
|Dayframe||Android||Free/Purchase||Y||Y||Supports offline using; Photo quality is high||Beginners will find it difficult to use|
Part 1: Best Photo Slideshow Apps for iOS
One of the more popular apps, PicPlayPost offers an intuitive program that makes putting together photos, videos, music, and GIFs simple for just about everyone. What helps separate this app from the competition is the strong features that help put videos and images together easily.
- Intuitive program
- Create up to nine videos, GIFs, or photos for each project
- High res output
- Excellent variety of effects
- Watermark: Although it is customizable
- Limited amount of music
This slideshow maker app keeps making the top 5 for free picture slideshow programs for the iPhone and for good reason. SlideLab can help transform your pictures into remarkable videos with just a few clicks and all within minutes. You can save them on your mobile device or share them on social media sites with your friends. It’s little wonder that SlideLab is so popular given the number of features that it provides.
- Great filters
- Use your music or that from the app
- Keep photos with original size
- Automatically adjust for Vine or Instagram
- Lots of transitions
- Edit photos easily if you desire
- No music from iTunes can be used when sharing on Facebook or Instagram
Apart from that curious drawback, SlideLab is simply one of the best.
3. Photo Slideshow Director
Perhaps the best of all slideshow apps designed for iOS operating systems, this product allows your iPhone or iPad to become the platform in creating remarkable slideshows based on the photos you have available. The sheer number of effects is almost astounding for an app and you can even save them as HD movies. Add to this the ability to share your work on social media platforms and you have one of the most popular of all photo slideshow apps.
- Intuitive instructions
- Export slideshows to HD movie formats
- HD full-screen presentations
- Easy to use photo editor
- Create music videos
- Customers report glitches in the system
- May run slow depending on the memory capacity of your iPhone
You may not get all the features of some of the other apps, but you’ll have plenty of control which is often lacking in easy-to-use slideshow programs. PicFlow lets you dictate the timing of every photo uploaded and line it up to the tune that you have selected. This means that you can create vibrant presentations and share them on Facebook or Instagram.
- Add music from iPod
- Crop with the swipe and pinch function
- Drag photos into position
- Easy to record timing of photos
- 18 different transitions
- Export to camera roll and share on Facebook or Instagram
- Free version is quite limited
- Video codec limited to 30FPS
Arguably the best photo slideshow for iPhone is the iMovie app. The sheer number of features combined with the high quality makes it a highly popular choice. For many, this is the only app they even consider for photo slideshows along with basic video editing. Built for the iPhone, there are several reasons why the iMovie is definitely one of the best.
- Change audio for each clip
- Different movie themes
- Excellent transitions, sound effects, and titles
- Add visual effects and background music with ease
- Limited in terms of flexibility
- Only found on Mac and iOS systems
- More difficult for the beginner
Part 2: Best Photo Slideshow Apps for Android
Not to be left behind are the apps designed for the Android operating system. They also provide an excellent variety to choose and many features that will make your slideshows come to life. vlogit is the best Android slideshow maker app. Very easy-to-use and enables you do wonders in the name of creating movies quite easily. It helps you turn the photos into a gorgeous home movie with cool intro, thumbnail, titles, transitions and sound effects, etc.
6. Photo FX Live Wallpaper
With over 13 million downloads so far, it’s little wonder that the Photo FX Live Wallpaper is quite popular. It offers a considerable number of features, allowing you to upload photos, design slideshows for Android, add floating animation, and set the color quick and easy even for beginners.
- Great photo editor
- Share on social media
- Creates great wallpaper
- High quality results
- You won’t be able to launch your camera when app is on
- May crash with too many folders open
- Will not rotate the photos automatically for you
7. Photo Slideshow & Video Maker
Combines easy to use interface with advanced tools so you can get more out of the editing experience to create excellent slideshows. The Photo Slideshow Maker offers a considerable number of phot effects, filters, and frames along with good management applications so you can create great clips from your photo gallery.
- Adds photos from different folders
- Creates excellent slideshows
- Wonderful photo effects
- Simple editing tools
- Difficult to share video after it is saved
- Picture quality can vary depending on the level chosen.
Price: free to use
8. PIXGRAM – Music Photo Slideshow
This photo slideshow app is also quite popular thanks to its ability to combine photos and music quickly and easily, even for beginners. The entire design allows a person with no editing experience to upload their photos, select their favorite music, add filters and effects, then create the video and share it with the world. It’s not the fanciest, but it is quite good.
- Save slideshow in different sizes
- Excellent video filters
- Easy to share on Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Made for beginners
- You must use your own music
- Does not have advanced settings for experienced editors
9. Slideshow Maker
Perhaps not as well-known as the others, Slideshow Maker offers good choices for those who are just starting out in slideshow editing. You can upload and store photos easily, browse through them quickly, and even toggle shuffle to quickly search through what you want. There is an auto-update photo widget to add new photos as well
- Intuitive interface
- Easy to upload and search for photos
- Fast editing features
- Tends to crash when a widescreen is used
- Not as many features as other apps
Designed more for the experienced editor, Dayframe offers many features all packaged with an excellent menu and customizable options. You can create excellent quality slideshows using this app and incorporate many features along the way.
- Can be used offline
- Excellent photo quality
- Sharing is simple on social media
- Almost interactive feel
- Drains battery quickly
- Can be tricky to use for beginners
The photo slideshow app keeps getting better for iOS and Android systems, making the choices here ones that you can trust for your editing and sharing online.
Empower your imagination with Filmora
Filmora is a cross-platform to edit video clips for all creators. You can easily make a slideshow to make photos alive. Just drag your photos to the timeline and add music, text, and effects. You can even burn it to DVD. After sharing with your friends and family, they will like it. Free download it now!
The Facebook slideshow is a great tool for us to use. Check this complete guide to know how to create a stunning slideshow on Facebook with ease.
by Shanoon Cox May 19, 2023 15:35 PM
we'll introduce how to make slideshow with the new slideshow feature on Instagram, and a best alternative which has more powerful features.
by Shanoon Cox May 19, 2023 15:35 PM
Here're top 12 free online slideshow makers allow you to create stunning photo slideshows in a few easy steps
by Shanoon Cox May 19, 2023 15:35 PM