- Windows Movie Maker Editing Tips
- 1. Alternatives
- 2. Basic editing tips
- 3. Advanced editing tips+
- 3.1 How to add voice over to video with WMM
- 3.2 How to add/edit music with WMM
- 3.3 How to add transitions in WMM
- 3.4 How to add text in WMM
- 3.5 How to add subtitle to video in WMM
- 3.6 How to make PIP video with WMM
- 3.7 How to make green screen video with WMM
- 3.8 How to do color correction in WMM
- 3.9 How to make time-lapse and slow-mo video in WMM
- 3.10 How to add watermark to video with WMM
- 3.11 How to zoom in/out videos with WMM
- 3.12 How to blur faces/objects with WMM
- 4. Resources and Troubleshooting
How to Add Transitions with Windows Movie Maker
If you want to make the videos that you play on your computers a bit more interesting, you can add transitions on windows movie maker. It is a very easy and seamless process that you can literally complete in a few minutes, you simply need to understand how to go about it.
In as much as you can add transitions on windows movie maker; there are a few disadvantages of the program including:
- It has an outdated style.
- The transitions are few and not that interesting.
- There is limited movement.
So, instead of wasting your time on these few and boring transitions, you should give Wondershare Filmora a chance because of the following reasons:
- The program offers over 130 transitions that are based on a number of themes such as fashion or gaming.
- You can easily click and pick the transition that you would like to use and drag it to
- where you would like it to be. It gives you three modes from which to choose such as overlap, prefix or postfix for you to better decide where and when you’d like the transition to play.
- You are not limited to setting a specific duration when playing.
How to Add Transitions in Windows Movie Maker
Windows movie maker has made it possible to easily edit videos on your computer to make them more interesting. By learning how to add transitions on windows movie maker, you can achieve greatly edited videos instead of the plain usual ones you may have. Transitions can help create flow from one clip to another or simply make the existing one more interesting. They are usually in animated form hence their ability to create great visual effects in a few easy steps.
launch the movie maker program and go to video tools where you should see the option “Animations”. When you click on that option, you will see a range of the different transitions to choose from.
to add transitions on windows movie maker, simply place the vertical line where you would want the transition to appear, it can be in the middle of a video or in between one video and another. Then you can pick the transition that you want to use; to preview it simply place your mouse cursor over the transition.
Find the transition you like, and just click on it, then it will be applied into your video. You can check the detailed info by putting your mouse on the little transition icon:
for you to choose how long you would like the transition to run, you simply need to go to “duration” and click on it to set the duration you want it to run.
Step 4: after choosing all the clips you would like to have transitions in them, save the project and you can click on the videos to see if they play the way you had imagined them.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>