If you want your Facebook page to go viral, it's not enough to just post content. You have to find the right type of content that people will share with their friends. We all know that some posts are more likely than others to get shared on social media—but what makes them so clickable? Well, there are several different types of Facebook-ready material out there in the world:
In this article
Contests and Giveaways
Contests and giveaways are a great way to get people to engage with your page. While it's important to make sure that the contest is fun, easy, and not too much work for you, you should also think about what kind of prizes would be relevant and interesting to people who visit your page.
Remember: giveaways should be something people want! A good prize will help attract more participation in the contest and create buzz around your brand.
Contest Alert from Enchanted Kingdom is the perfect Facebook contest idea to generate excitement for their upcoming events.
Your Life Events
As a business owner, you want to create a buzz on Facebook. You've tried posting ads and boosting posts, but that doesn't seem to be working for you. The answer is simple: post about your life events!
You don't have to be an attendee of someone else's wedding or send out birth announcements every time one of your family members gives birth; however, if you have something exciting going on in your life (or even just funny stories) there are plenty of opportunities for viral content.
These types of posts can really boost the engagement on your page because they show off the human side of being a business owner—you're not just posting about how great your services are; people get excited when they see that their favorite barista had a baby or experienced some kind of major success in life.
A great example of a life event post is when Mark Zuckerberg's post is coming baby with Priscilla Chan. When Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg announced that he and Priscilla Chan are going to have a baby, the reaction from the audience ranged anywhere between congratulations and excitement for their future kid. The post has since gone viral with over 1.3 reactions!
Your Company's Life Events
- Share milestones and achievements. This is one of the easiest ways to create a buzz on Facebook. No matter if you’re celebrating a major accomplishment or simply adding a new employee to your team, highlight it! Has some sort of contest or giveaway that encourages fans to join in on the celebration (i.e., “Like this post if you want us to throw you a party”).
- Share news about your company. Stay connected with customers by sharing news and updates regarding your company, products, services, and more -- especially if they are relevant to what people are talking about in their social networks at that time (i.e., Trending Topics). For example: "Want a sneak peek at our upcoming product launch? Click here." If there's something going on in your industry that's creating buzz throughout social networks, be sure not only to talk about it but also show how it relates back to what makes your business special/different from everyone else out there!
Take a look at Ford's post about their Media's Awards Choice in the years 2020-2021. It features the Ford Ranger and Ford Mustang. It's a great post if you're interested in cars.
Seasonal and Holiday Posts
- Use the holiday to your advantage. While you may not be able to get in on the actual celebrations, you can still use the holidays and seasonal content to your advantage. For example, if it’s Halloween time, consider posting pictures from last year’s party! People love nostalgia and will share those posts with their friends in no time.
- Create a holiday giveaway or contest. Customers love free stuff! Create a competition that includes everyone; even if someone does not win anything valuable (although this is always appreciated), they will still feel appreciated for joining your page because they were given the chance at receiving something nice as well as help out their favorite business by spreading awareness about it through social media sharing of their own.
Check this Mother’s Day post from Mason Cash with their mechanics of Like, Follow & comment to win a Mother’s Day bundle worth over $75.
Classic Photos with a Twist
One way to get your photo on the front page of Facebook is with a classic picture. But you can't just post any old photo and hope for the best. You need to make sure that the image looks as good as possible, and it needs to be relevant to your business or brand.
While most people think of their feed as a place where they'll see pictures of friends and family, there are plenty of opportunities here for businesses too—if they know what they're doing. A good caption will also help keep your audience engaged by adding value to the photo; don't go overboard with hashtags though, because that's one way of making it harder for people who aren't following you yet (or who have never heard of you) from finding this information later on down the line when they decide whether or not they want something from your store/organization/etcetera."
The photo of this simple yet creative picture with 308 reactions, 55 comments, and 13 shares from Lenovo is one among many examples of a classic photo with a twist post.
Photos of Animals (Bonus points for videos)
Photos of animals are the most popular content on Facebook and for good reason. They're cute! They're funny! And they make you feel things—maybe even happy or inspired. In other words, they're relatable in a way that other posts aren't.
There's also the fact that photos of animals can be used to promote your brand in subtle ways. For example, if you have an animal-related product or business (cat food company), then including cats in your photos will attract cat lovers who might not otherwise follow you on social media.
Check out one of the amazing Subaru of America, Inc. commercials featuring one of Golden Meadows puppies, Amber, learning how to parallel park!
Facebook content that goes viral is either fun or inspiring
The best way to get likes, comments, and shares on your Facebook page is by posting high-quality content that people will want to share with their friends. The reason why a post goes viral on Facebook is that it’s either informative or entertaining.
- For inspiration: Post something that motivates the reader and makes them feel good about themselves or their life situation. You can do this in many ways such as sharing quotes from famous people, funny videos or photos, etc.
- For fun: Post things that make the readers laugh like funny photos, memes or cartoons/drawings of characters from popular movies/cartoon series like Pokemon Go! Which has become a global phenomenon!
BONUS: Wondershare Filmora can help you to create stunning videos that can go viral.
With Wondershare Filmora, anyone can create stunning videos that are sure to capture the attention of the online world. With an intuitive interface and a wide range of features, Filmora makes it easy to add professional-looking effects and transitions. Best of all, there's no need to be a video editing expert - Filmora's drag-and-drop interface makes it easy to get started, even if you've never edited a video before. So, if you're looking to create something special, start your journey with Wondershare Filmora. Who knows - your next video could be the next big hit on the internet.
We hope this article has given you some ideas on how to create a viral buzz on Facebook. Remember that there is no magic formula, but if you can consistently create content that people love and share, then your business will benefit from it.