- Getting Started
- Basic Editing Tips for Mac
- Add Video Effects
- Advanced Editing Tips for Mac
- Save and Share
- Effects Store
- Remove Watermark for Mac
When a project is created, you can now import your media files to the program. Wondershare Filmora for Mac enables you to import video shot by any type of digital cameras, camcorders, mobile devices, etc. — in all major standard and HD video formats. Or you can directly record your video from your webcam. A Media Library is also provided for you to organize your media clips so that you can easily and quickly catch assets for your projects. Find ways to save and share your recorded or imported video files after edited here.
There are 4 ways to add media clips to the library:
1. Click the Icon in the center of Media Library to add files directly
2. Click the Plus button to add files
3. Go File>Import Media>Add Video/Photo Files or Add Audio Files
4. Drag and drop to the Media Library directly
Apart from the videos shot by your digital devices, you can also directly record from your webcam. Filmora for Mac comes with a built-in video recording feature, allowing you to record videos from your webcam easily.
1. Right in front of the toolbar above the timeline, navigate to the Media Importer icon. Click it to enter the Importer window. In the upper left corner, click the Webcam icon.
2. In the pop up Video Recording window, click the red button to start recording and click it again to stop recording. Then click OK to save the recorded video file.
The recorded video file will be saved into Media Library automatically and you can drag it to the Timeline for editing.
When all the media files have been imported to the program, you can use the Media Library to organize them.
In the Library, right click on the clip and click Delete.
Note: All the clips actually remain in their original location since they are just referenced in the Media Library. So if you delete a clip from the library, only the reference is deleted. You can still find the actual file in the location where it is stored.
Click the Sort button, and then select Name, Kind, Duration or Date Created.
Click the dropdown window to classify media files into video, image and audio.
Wondershare Filmora for Mac also provides several sample colors or video, which shows on the Media Library as bellow,
All folders except the first one can be deleted or add more by clicking the button. Download the free trial version below: