Get Started with Filmora
Wondershare Filmora is a trendy video editing software that empowers you to produce creative and polished videos in just a few simple steps.
With Filmora, it becomes easy for you to create any new video project. This guide will walk you through the process from importing media files, applying transitions or effects, editing audio to exporting the edited videos on Mac.
Note:This is the latest user guide for Filmora V12 (for Mac).
Before You Begin
Prepare Your Footage/Media File
Filmora supports a variety of file formats. You may check if your files are supported by Filmora here . Make sure you save your files on your computer or a storage drive.
Check the System Requirements
Check out the system requirements of Filmora and ensure your Mac meets these requirements for the best user experience.
Get Started Editing
Create a New Project or Open a Recent Project
- To create a new project, choose the aspect ratio of your video and then click New Project.
- To open an existing project, click Open Project.
Import Media File
- Click on the “+" icon to browse the local file on your Mac and add files.
- Drag and drop the media file to the Media Library area.
- Import media files from an external device.
- Import with Instant Cutter tool.
Arrange Media Files on the Timeline
- To arrange the sequences of your clips or other media files, you can:
- Drag video footages, audio files, images to the Timeline panel and place them in the order you wish.
Apply Transitions and Effects
- Transitions and Effects would help make your video more eye-catching. The Transition and Effects panel includes various transitions and effects that you can apply.
- Choose an existing title template under the Titles section, type in your text and save.
- Click on the text to customize the text style. You can save it as Custom to use later.
Filmora has multiple color editing options. You can:
- Enhance the color of your video.
- Adjust the white balance.
- Change the tone: Contrast, Saturation, Brightness.
- Match the color of two different clips.
To edit the color, double click on the clips and click Color to change the parameters, and then click Save. If you are seeking advanced editing, you can click Advanced.
- Filmora 12 supports you in uploading masks or drawing the mask by hand. After adjusting the rotation, scale, width, and other details about the mask, you can click the “Save as Custom” button to use it the next time.
- Filmora is equipped with a complete audio editing solution. You can remove background noise, change the audio speed or normalize the audio automatically, and more.
Export & Save
Click the “Export” button to choose the final format and location where you want to save files. Or, you can share your creations on social media platforms directly.
App for Mobile Users
To give you more freedom in video editing and creating, you can try Filmora on mobile and tablet devices.
It helps to record phone screen, edit videos and share your creative thoughts to many platforms.
Get creative with Filmora’s free trial right now!