System Requirements Specification - Mac
New Features - Mac
AI Features - Mac
- AI Text-Based Editing in Mac
- AR stickers on Mac
- Audio ducking on Mac
- AI Copilot Editing for Mac
- Auto denoise on Mac
- AI Text-to-Video for Mac
- AI smart cutout for Mac
- Scene detection on Mac
- Silence detection on Mac
- Auto Beat Sync on Mac
- AI Smart Masking for Mac
- AI Music Generator for Mac
- AI Skin Tone Protection for Mac
- AI stylizer on Mac
- AI portrait on Mac
- Auto reframe on Mac
- AI Thumbnail Creator For Mac
- AI Vocal Remover for Mac
- ChatGPT Plugin - AI Copywriting on Mac
- AI Audio Denoise for Mac
- AI Audio Stretch for Mac
Get Start - Mac
Creating Projects - Mac
Importing & Recording - Mac
Media for Use - Mac
Editing - Mac
Editing Video (Mac)
- Playback Speed Shortcuts for Mac
- Enable/Disable Clip for Mac
- Super Slow Motion with Optical Flow for Mac
- Uniform speed on Mac
- Speed ramping on Mac
- Customized Backgrounds for Videos and Images in Mac
- Marked Favorites for Mac
- Markers for Mac
- Multi-Clip Editing for Mac
- Compound Clips for Mac
- Borders on Mac
- Auto Ripple for Mac
- Adjustment Layer for Mac
- Apply Transforming for Mac
- Compositing on Mac
- Stabilize video on Mac
- Motion Tracking on Mac
- Green screen on Mac
- Lens correction on Mac
- Crop and zoom on Mac
- Mosaic on Mac
- PIP (picture in picture) on Mac
- Mask on Mac
- Video snapshot on Mac
- Play video in reverse on Mac
- Split screen on Mac
- Split & cut videos on Mac
- Using Face-Off Effect
- Change speed on Mac
- Freeze frame on Mac
- Applying Drop Shadow for Mac
- Auto enhance on Mac
Editing Audio (Mac)
Editing Color (Mac)
Text & Subtitle - Mac
Animation & Keyframe - Mac
Effects & Transitions - Mac
Video Effects (Mac)
- Filmora Countdown Effects on Mac
- Add Effects Mask for Mac
- Add audio visualizer on Mac
- Collection of Effects for Mac
- Audio Driven Effects for Mac
- Add Newblue FX effects on Mac
- Add Boris FX effects on Mac
- Types of effects on Mac
- Add and customize filters on Mac
- Add and customize overlays on Mac
- Filmstock Assets on Mac
Stickers - Mac
Exporting & Cloud Backup - Mac
Cloud Backup (Mac)
Collaboration - Mac
Improving Performance & Troubleshooting - Mac
- HDR Seting on Mac
- Known Issues & Fixed Bugs
- Project settings on Mac
- Mark In and Mark Out for Mac
- Working with proxy on Mac
- Playback Zoom Level for Mac
- System compatibility detection on Mac
- Render preview files on Mac
- Manage timeline on Mac
- Change playback quality on Mac
- Group clips on Mac
- Mark clip on Mac
Get Started with Filmora
Wondershare Filmora is a trendy video editing software that empowers you to produce creative and polished videos in just a few simple steps.
With Filmora, it becomes easy for you to create any new video project. This guide will walk you through the process from importing media files, applying transitions or effects, editing audio to exporting the edited videos on Mac.
Note:This is the latest user guide for Filmora V12 (for Mac).
Prepare Your Footage/Media File
Filmora supports a variety of file formats. You may check if your files are supported by Filmora here . Make sure you save your files on your computer or a storage drive.
Check the System Requirements
Check out the system requirements of Filmora and ensure your Mac meets these requirements for the best user experience.
Create a New Project or Open a Recent Project
- To create a new project, choose the aspect ratio of your video and then click New Project.
- To open an existing project, click Open Project.
Import Media File
- Click on the “+" icon to browse the local file on your Mac and add files.
- Drag and drop the media file to the Media Library area.
- Import media files from an external device.
- Import with Instant Cutter tool.
Arrange Media Files on the Timeline
- To arrange the sequences of your clips or other media files, you can:
- Drag video footages, audio files, images to the Timeline panel and place them in the order you wish.
Apply Transitions and Effects
- Transitions and Effects would help make your video more eye-catching. The Transition and Effects panel includes various transitions and effects that you can apply.
- Choose an existing title template under the Titles section, type in your text and save.
- Click on the text to customize the text style. You can save it as Custom to use later.
Filmora has multiple color editing options. You can:
- Enhance the color of your video.
- Adjust the white balance.
- Change the tone: Contrast, Saturation, Brightness.
- Match the color of two different clips.
To edit the color, double click on the clips and click Color to change the parameters, and then click Save. If you are seeking advanced editing, you can click Advanced.
- Filmora 12 supports you in uploading masks or drawing the mask by hand. After adjusting the rotation, scale, width, and other details about the mask, you can click the “Save as Custom” button to use it the next time.
- Filmora is equipped with a complete audio editing solution. You can remove background noise, change the audio speed or normalize the audio automatically, and more.
Click the “Export” button to choose the final format and location where you want to save files. Or, you can share your creations on social media platforms directly.
To give you more freedom in video editing and creating, you can try Filmora on mobile and tablet devices.
It helps to record phone screens, edit videos and share your creative thoughts on many platforms.
Get creative with Filmora’s free trial right now!
Have you even heard of sRGB and RGB? In this article, we’ll share you the concepts of RGB and tell you the differences between sRGB and RGB.
For a handy game recording software, we’ve got some top-of-the-list recommendations for you. Refer to know how to record gameplay on PC with easiness. Learn more here:
Are you watching the playback of a YouTube video, and you want to slow down or speed it up to understand the video better? Here's how to change YouTube playback speed to speed up or slow down.
Do you want to trim video on Mac, but can't find any feasible solution? Read this post and learn how to trim any video on your Mac with 2 smart apps.
Guide user how to import AVCHD files.
Guide user to apply the transition to the files on the 1st track.