System Requirements Specification - Mac
New Features - Mac
AI Features - Mac
- AI Text-Based Editing in Mac
- AR stickers on Mac
- Audio ducking on Mac
- AI Copilot Editing for Mac
- Auto denoise on Mac
- AI Text-to-Video for Mac
- AI smart cutout for Mac
- Scene detection on Mac
- Silence detection on Mac
- Auto Beat Sync on Mac
- AI Smart Masking for Mac
- AI Music Generator for Mac
- AI Skin Tone Protection for Mac
- AI stylizer on Mac
- AI portrait on Mac
- Auto reframe on Mac
- AI Thumbnail Creator For Mac
- AI Vocal Remover for Mac
- ChatGPT Plugin - AI Copywriting on Mac
- AI Audio Denoise for Mac
- AI Audio Stretch for Mac
Get Start - Mac
Creating Projects - Mac
Importing & Recording - Mac
Media for Use - Mac
Editing - Mac
Editing Video (Mac)
- Playback Speed Shortcuts for Mac
- Super Slow Motion with Optical Flow for Mac
- Uniform speed on Mac
- Speed ramping on Mac
- Customized Backgrounds for Videos and Images in Mac
- Marked Favorites for Mac
- Markers for Mac
- Multi-Clip Editing for Mac
- Compound Clips for Mac
- Borders on Mac
- Adjustment Layer for Mac
- Apply Transforming for Mac
- Compositing on Mac
- Stabilize video on Mac
- Motion Tracking on Mac
- Green screen on Mac
- Lens correction on Mac
- Crop and zoom on Mac
- Mosaic on Mac
- PIP (picture in picture) on Mac
- Mask on Mac
- Video snapshot on Mac
- Play video in reverse on Mac
- Split screen on Mac
- Split & cut videos on Mac
- Using Face-Off Effect
- Change speed on Mac
- Freeze frame on Mac
- Applying Drop Shadow for Mac
- Auto enhance on Mac
Editing Audio (Mac)
Editing Color (Mac)
Text & Subtitle - Mac
Animation & Keyframe - Mac
Effects & Transitions - Mac
Video Effects (Mac)
Stickers - Mac
Exporting & Cloud Backup - Mac
Cloud Backup (Mac)
Collaboration - Mac
Improving Performance & Troubleshooting - Mac
Creating Split Screen Video for Mac
You can easily create multiple videos simultaneously by using the Split Screen feature. Split Screen is popularly used to depict a scene from multiple angles as well as show characters placed in different locations having a conversation.
Displaying two or more videos side-by-side when creating content is now the norm. Using Split Screen to create a unique way to tell your story is easy by using Filmora. Here are the instructions for using Filmora to create a unique Split Screen video on your Mac.
Step 1: Launch Filmora and click New Project to import your video clips.
Step 2: From there, click Templates and select Split Screen. Choose from 30 split-screen preset templates. You can have as many as 6 clips for simultaneous playback within the screen if you want.
Step 3: Once you have selected your Split Screen preset, simply drag it to the Timeline.
Note:The split screen has a default duration of 5 seconds, which can be adjusted by dragging the edges forward or backward on the timeline.
Note:You could scroll up and down on the thumbnail view area with your mouse wheel, for example, from “Basic” to “Social Media”, you only need to scroll horizontally.
The latest version is made even better, with more presets and layouts to choose from. Here’s how to import clips to a Split Screen layout.
Step 1: Launch Filmora and create a New Project. Click Import to add media files to your library.
Step 2: Drag the imported videos to the Media Tab. Reposition the clip by dragging it from its default location and dropping it to a new location in the Preview Panel.
Editing your split screen videos allows you to make photo and video collages, intro and outros, reaction videos, and comparisons with a few clicks. Here’s how to edit your split screen videos for a unique way to tell your stories.
Method 1: Add Borders
Under the Video tab on your Property Panel, enable Border to customize the color and size of the borders around the clips in split screen.
Method 2: Change Size and Position
Under the Video Tab, enable Transform to give you options to Rotate, Scale, as well as change the size of the split screen videos.
The Color Correction feature for split screen works the same as when editing non-split screen videos. Simply click on Color > Color Enhancement on your Property Panel to adjust everything from:
- White Balance: Balance the color temperature in your video.
- Color: Choose the right tone depending on the scene
- Light: Calculate the correction of the colors on your video.
- Vignette: Darken the edges of the frame on your video.
- Color Match: Create a consistent look across your video.
You can customize your videos with different split screen effects whenever you want. Switch to the Animation tab and choose from animation or motion presets by double-clicking your desired effect. You can see the results in the Preview Panel before saving the new animation effects on your video.
Or you can simply highlight the Diamond icon to set keyframes located beside the properties or parameters and then adjust the values as you prefer. The Changes will be applied to all the clips in the split-screen video.
Note:All changes you do apply to all clips in the split screen video. If you want to edit a single clip, you should go to the Advance Edit panel.
There are other fun and creative ways you can do when editing your projects. Here are several methods you can experiment with when adjusting your single video in a split screen preset.
- Zoom in and Zoom out: Choose the clip in the split screen preview. Afterward, drag the slider to zoom in and zoom out.
- Remove the clip from the split screen video: Select the clip in the split screen preview and click the Remove icon to manually remove single videos on the split screen.
- Advanced Split Screen Edit: Click Edit to enter the Advanced Split Screen window. From here, you can rotate the clip, change its position or scale, do color correction, and even apply motion effects. There’s also an option to trim the video to the area you want to show on the split screen.
Have you even heard of sRGB and RGB? In this article, we’ll share you the concepts of RGB and tell you the differences between sRGB and RGB.
For a handy game recording software, we’ve got some top-of-the-list recommendations for you. Refer to know how to record gameplay on PC with easiness. Learn more here:
Are you watching the playback of a YouTube video, and you want to slow down or speed it up to understand the video better? Here's how to change YouTube playback speed to speed up or slow down.
Do you want to trim video on Mac, but can't find any feasible solution? Read this post and learn how to trim any video on your Mac with 2 smart apps.
Guide user how to import AVCHD files.
Guide user to apply the transition to the files on the 1st track.