System Requirements Specification - Mac
New Features - Mac
AI Features - Mac
- AI Text-Based Editing in Mac
- AR stickers on Mac
- Audio ducking on Mac
- AI Copilot Editing for Mac
- Auto denoise on Mac
- AI Text-to-Video for Mac
- AI smart cutout for Mac
- Scene detection on Mac
- Silence detection on Mac
- Auto Beat Sync on Mac
- AI Smart Masking for Mac
- AI Music Generator for Mac
- AI Skin Tone Protection for Mac
- AI stylizer on Mac
- AI portrait on Mac
- Auto reframe on Mac
- AI Thumbnail Creator For Mac
- AI Vocal Remover for Mac
- ChatGPT Plugin - AI Copywriting on Mac
- AI Audio Denoise for Mac
- AI Audio Stretch for Mac
Get Start - Mac
Creating Projects - Mac
Importing & Recording - Mac
Media for Use - Mac
Editing - Mac
Editing Video (Mac)
- Playback Speed Shortcuts for Mac
- Enable/Disable Clip for Mac
- Super Slow Motion with Optical Flow for Mac
- Uniform speed on Mac
- Speed ramping on Mac
- Customized Backgrounds for Videos and Images in Mac
- Marked Favorites for Mac
- Markers for Mac
- Multi-Clip Editing for Mac
- Compound Clips for Mac
- Borders on Mac
- Auto Ripple for Mac
- Adjustment Layer for Mac
- Apply Transforming for Mac
- Compositing on Mac
- Stabilize video on Mac
- Motion Tracking on Mac
- Green screen on Mac
- Lens correction on Mac
- Crop and zoom on Mac
- Mosaic on Mac
- PIP (picture in picture) on Mac
- Mask on Mac
- Video snapshot on Mac
- Play video in reverse on Mac
- Split screen on Mac
- Split & cut videos on Mac
- Using Face-Off Effect
- Change speed on Mac
- Freeze frame on Mac
- Applying Drop Shadow for Mac
- Auto enhance on Mac
Editing Audio (Mac)
Editing Color (Mac)
Text & Subtitle - Mac
Animation & Keyframe - Mac
Effects & Transitions - Mac
Video Effects (Mac)
- Filmora Countdown Effects on Mac
- Add Effects Mask for Mac
- Add audio visualizer on Mac
- Collection of Effects for Mac
- Audio Driven Effects for Mac
- Add Newblue FX effects on Mac
- Add Boris FX effects on Mac
- Types of effects on Mac
- Add and customize filters on Mac
- Add and customize overlays on Mac
- Filmstock Assets on Mac
Stickers - Mac
Exporting & Cloud Backup - Mac
Cloud Backup (Mac)
Collaboration - Mac
Improving Performance & Troubleshooting - Mac
- HDR Seting on Mac
- Known Issues & Fixed Bugs
- Project settings on Mac
- Mark In and Mark Out for Mac
- Working with proxy on Mac
- Playback Zoom Level for Mac
- System compatibility detection on Mac
- Render preview files on Mac
- Manage timeline on Mac
- Change playback quality on Mac
- Group clips on Mac
- Mark clip on Mac
AI Smart Cutout for Mac
This guide shows you detailed steps for cutting out a subject from images or videos by AI Smart Cutout, only with several clicks.
AI Smart Cutout has been trained thousands of times to accurately recognize the edge of the targeted image. It allows you to get the output with neat, smooth, and clear edges. Enough brush settings are provided in the system if you want to make more precise adjustments.
Apply AI Smart Cutout to Images on Mac
You can follow the steps below to process images with Smart Cutout on Mac.
Step 1: After launching the Filmora application, drag the image from your computer or the library to the processing area.
Step 2: One-click the image and select AI Tools in the Video tab. Open the Smart Cutout function by clicking the button next to it. Then, click the icon in the center of the section below Smart Cutout to start the process.
Step 3: Draw the subject you need with the brush icon and adjust it with the eraser icon. The palm icon is used to move the picture to where you want to adjust it precisely.
Filmora also provides a simple and advanced mode to change some features. The Simple Mode of Smart Cutout on the right side of the interface includes the settings for Brush Size, Edge Thickness, and Edge Feather.
- You can change the Brush Size with this setting when drawing the needed subject. The default size is 30, and you can set it from 1 to 300.
- Edge Thickness refers to the margin that encircles the subject you want to retain. The default is 0, but you can set the range from -100 to 100.
- You can use Edge Feather to adjust harsh edges and is a nice way to blend images, which is especially needed when dealing with hair. Its default figure is 0, and you can set it up to 20.
Tip: In Filmora, you can decide whether to retain the subject chosen or the background by clicking the Invert Foreground/Backg icon, as marked in the image below.
Step 4: Set the background by clicking the bust icon on the upper side of the interface. You can choose the settings from Toggle Alpha Overby, Toggle Transparency Grid, Toggle Transparency Black, or Toggle Alpha.
Step 5: Save the modification by clicking OK.
Apply AI Smart Cutout to Videos on Mac
You can follow the procedures below to use this tool on Mac.
Step 1: Launch Filmora and add the video.
Step 2: Find the Smart Cutout function under the Video>AI Tools section and open it. Click the button indicating Click to start Smart Cutout in the center of the section.
Step 3: Draw the subject in the video. Set the Edge Thickness and Edge Feature if needed, and click the bust icon in the Simple Mode tab to process the task.
Step 4: Change the background of the video by clicking the bust icon in the upper right corner. Find Click to start the Smart Cutout icon in the Simple Mode section and click it. Then, Filmora will extract the selected subject from the whole video and export the output in a short while.
Step 5: Also, Filmora enables you to track the motion with settings in the Advanced Mode section. You can choose from Track One Section Reverse, Track Reverse, Track Forward and Reverse, Track Forward, and Track One Section Forward, based on your needs to adjust the object to be tracked.
Step 6: After previewing, click OK to apply the changes.
Have you even heard of sRGB and RGB? In this article, we’ll share you the concepts of RGB and tell you the differences between sRGB and RGB.
For a handy game recording software, we’ve got some top-of-the-list recommendations for you. Refer to know how to record gameplay on PC with easiness. Learn more here:
Are you watching the playback of a YouTube video, and you want to slow down or speed it up to understand the video better? Here's how to change YouTube playback speed to speed up or slow down.
Do you want to trim video on Mac, but can't find any feasible solution? Read this post and learn how to trim any video on your Mac with 2 smart apps.
Guide user how to import AVCHD files.
Guide user to apply the transition to the files on the 1st track.