Speech to Text/Text to Speech/SRT on Mac
Learn dubbing and subtitle editing enhancing methods in this guide.
Methods to Use the Function
- Method 1 - Select audio asset in the timeline, click Tools > Audio > Speech-to-Text.
- Method 2 - Select the video/audio in the Media resource area, right-click, and see Speech to Text.
- Method 3 - Select the audio asset in the timeline. In the toolbar, you will see Speech to Text.
Note:If there is no supported file type on the timeline, the Speech to Text icon does not appear
- Method 4 - Select the audio on the timeline, right-click and select Speech to Text.
- In the Speech to Text parameter selection tip, you can select the language of the audio to be transcribed and files to be converted.
- In the list of voice-text services, you can see the file name, duration, and status.
- The generated file will be displayed in SRT format.
Methods to Use the Function
- Method 1 - Select title assets in the timeline and click Tools > Text to Speech.
- Method 2 - Select the title asset in the timeline, and click the Text to Speech icon in the toolbar.
- Method 3 - Select the title asset on the timeline, right-click and select Text to Speech.
- Select the language this title is in and the voice name in the TTS parameter setting bar. You can also adjust Speed and Pitch by moving the left and suitable scroll bars.
Note:Remember to tick "Transcriptions are automatically matched to the timeline" if you need.
- Double click on the completed list and the generated file will be highlighted.
- The generated voice format is MP3, the file is automatically stored in Media, and the local location is the same as the default storage location of the existing Filmora file.
How to Import and Edit
SRT files exported by other tools can be imported into Filmora for editing, which provides more convenient subtitle editing. You can also select the SRT items and convert it to various voices in one click.
- Import SRT subtitle files directly from the Media resource area.
- Right-click on the timeline and select Advanced Edit or double-click the selected SRT file to clip.
- You can edit time code, change subtitles, add/remove/merge subtitle strips, and change subtitle styles in the Edit Subtitle File pop-up window.
- Select the SRT file on the timeline, right-click and select Export Subtitle File.
❶ Are the STT/TTS licenses the same as Win and Mac versions?
No. Like the Filmora license, the configuration is differentiated according to Win and Mac.
❷ Will the authorization be repeated after STT/TTS recharge multiple times?
Yes. Different from the extension of the expiration time after multiple purchases of Filmora, the unit of STT/TTS is the number of hours/characters, and multiple purchases automatically accumulate numerous hours/characters.
❸ How to do if I want more STT/TTS character packs?
You can contact customer service directly on the purchasing page.
❹ Will the STT/TTS character balance be deducted if upload/transcription fails?
❺ Will the STT/TTS character balance be deducted if the file format is not supported?
❻ Will the STT/TTS character balance be deducted if a task is removed during the upload/transcription process?
If the task fails, it will not be deducted; if it is successful, it will be deducted.