- Video Editors on Mac
- 1. Best Editors on Mac+
- 2. Popular Video Editors on Mac+
- • Windows Movie Maker for Mac
- • Cyberlink PowerDirector for Mac
- • AVS Video Editor for Mac
- • GoPro Quik for Mac
- • VN Video Editor for Mac
- • Subtitle Edit for Mac
- • VSDC for Mac
- 3. Professional Video Editor on Mac +
- 4. Download Video Editing App on Mac+
How to Edit Your GoPro Videos with Quik on Mac
If you have a GoPro, then you might already know how easy it can be to record videos with this handy tool. While recording videos with GoPro is extremely simple, a lot of users find it hard to transfer or edit their videos on Mac. Though, you can always take the assistance of GoPro Quik on MacBook to manage and edit your videos – all in one place. Here, I will let you know how to make the most of the GoPro Quik desktop solution and will also list its best alternative.
- Part 1: What can you do with Go Pro Quik on Mac?
- Part 2: How to Make the Most of GoPro Quik on MacBook?
- Part 3: The Best GoPro Quik Alternatives for Mac
Part 1: What can you do with Go Pro Quik on Mac?
GoPro offers desktop and mobile solutions to help us import our recorded videos, edit them, and even share them on numerous platforms. The best part is that GoPro Quik for MacBook is available for free and can be download directly from its official website. Afterward, you can use GoPro Quik on your Mac in the following ways:
- Importing and Managing Videos
If you want, you can directly connect GoPro to your Mac and use the application to import your videos. You can also manage your videos and even upload them on your GoPro cloud directly.
- Video Editing
GoPro Quik for MacBook also offers tons of features to trim, crop, and edit your videos. You can apply effects to your videos, include audio tracks, and even sync your videos easily.
- Instant Sharing
Your GoPro Quik application can instantly be connected to popular social media platforms like YouTube and Facebook. In this way, you can instantly share your GoPro video on your social handles.
- What More?
Besides that, GoPro Quik on MacBook offers dedicated options to create timelapse videos. You can also create slow motion or fast forward videos and even trim highlights for any footage.
Runs on: macOS 10.9 or newer versions
Part 2: How to Make the Most of GoPro Quik on MacBook?
Now when you know the major features of the GoPro Quik application, let’s learn how to use it. Ideally, GoPro Quik for MacBook can help you not only to import your videos to your system, but also to edit them in different ways.
Import Videos to your Mac with GoPro Quik
If you want to manage GoPro videos on your Mac, then you can take the assistance of Quik’s desktop application.
Step 1: Connect your GoPro and Launch Quik
At first, you can just connect your GoPro camera to your Mac and look for GoPro Quik from the Spotlight. You can also find it in Applications and launch it on your Mac.
Step 2: Import your Videos from GoPro to Mac
Once the GoPro Quik app on your MacBook is launched, you can view the snapshot of the connected device (with its name). From here, you can just click on the “Import Files” button and wait as your videos would be saved on your Mac’s storage.
There is also a provision to manually select a location on your Mac where your GoPro videos would be saved.
Edit your Videos with GoPro Quik on MacBook
On GoPro Quik for MacBook, you can find several options to manage or edit your videos. Since it only provides basic editing solutions, it won’t meet your professional requirements. Nevertheless, let’s have a look at how we can clip a video on GoPro Quik.
Step 1: Select a video to edit
Once you have imported your videos, you can go to the “Media” tab on GoPro Quik to view all the stored videos. From here, you can right-click the thumbnail of any video to view it.
Step 2: Choose to Clip the Video
This will automatically load the video on the editing interface of GoPro Quik. Now, you can just click on the scissor icon at the bottom panel so that you can clip the important part of the video.
Step 3: Clip and Save your Video
Now, a blue marker will be displayed on the screen that you can move around to select the part of the video you want to clip. Afterward, you can preview the results and click on the “Save” button from the bottom.
Similarly, you can browse more options in GoPro Quik for MacBook to create timelapse videos and doing other edits.
Part 3: The Best GoPro Quik Alternatives for Mac
As you can see, GoPro Quik for MacBook can only be used to make minor edits and might not meet your overall requirements. In this case, you can consider using either of the following tools as a GoPro Quik alternative.
1. Wondershare Filmora for Mac [The Best Choice]
For all those who are looking for more advanced video editing options, Wondershare Filmora for Mac would be an ideal pick. It is the best GoPro Quik alternative for MacBook that has a user-friendly interface and features some of the most advanced editing options.
- Wondershare Filmora has integrated Artificial Intelligence features (in AI Portrait Mode) that can instantly remove the background of a video.
- There are also tons of options to include AR stickers in your videos on Filmora and make them appealing.
- You can also use the Auto Reframe feature in Filmora to automatically adjust the aspect ratio of your videos for various social media platforms.
- Filmora also offers hundreds of transitions, audio effects, captions, filters, and more that you can instantly apply with drag and drop actions.
- Some other advanced features of Filmora are motion tracking, keyframing, audio ducking, pan-and-zoom, green screen edits, and more.
2. GoPro Studio [Discontinued]
While GoPro Studio has been discontinued, you can consider downloading this legacy desktop application from third-party sources. The only drawback is that you won’t get any updates or new features with GoPro Studio anymore.
- You can use GoPro Studio to import/export your videos or trim their vital parts.
- There are also options to add music and text to your videos to make them more appealing.
- You can alter the playback speed of videos to come up with slow motion or timelapse videos easily.
- GoPro Studio also offers a few other adjustment controls to customize the appearance and playback of your videos.
- Just like GoPro Quik, the Studio application can also be integrated with social media platforms like YouTube or Facebook.
You may also interested in: How to edit video with GoPro Studio
I’m sure that after reading this post, you would know more about GoPro Quik for MacBook. As you can see, it is quite easy to import your videos from GoPro to your Mac with the help of Quik. Furthermore, the desktop application can also be used to do minor edits with your GoPro videos. Though, if you are looking for a better macOS video editor, then Wondershare Filmora will be an ideal pick. Filmora offers a user-friendly interface, tons of high-end editing features, and a free trial version for Mac/Windows.
A well-designed video helps accurately relay your message and ensures your audience will remember you. Stay tuned to learn more about Canva and its fantastic video templates.
by Liza Brown May 15, 2023 20:25 PM
Get your videos looking professional with these top 8 free online video cutter and joiner tools. Cut, trim, and merge videos online without any cost, and create perfect videos.
by Liza Brown May 15, 2023 20:25 PM
In the following article, we will list some remarkable online video makers who will cater to all your needs
by Liza Brown May 15, 2023 20:25 PM