Video testimonials are a powerful way to generate trust and conversions. The key is to create videos that showcase your best customers’ most flattering moments, but you need the right elements in place first.
In this article
Your script is vital
You know you need a script, but how do you make sure it's good?
- First, make sure it's clear and concise. Don't waste time on lengthy descriptions or flowery language. Your video should be easy to understand, so let the script do the heavy lifting for you. Don't get overly wordy; use short sentences and phrases that keep the viewer engaged throughout your testimonial.
- Next, research your subject matter thoroughly before writing any script content at all. This will ensure that people watching feel like they're getting an accurate portrayal of their company/product/service rather than just hearing what they want while they're busy doing something else (like trying out a new app).
- Lastly, once researched thoroughly enough to write detailed scripts, start working on writing those scripts into something coherent but still engaging enough for anyone watching regardless of whether they have any prior knowledge about whatever topic is being discussed by way of video testimonials.
Your talent is important
Talent is the most important element in creating a quality video testimonial, and this may seem like an obvious statement. However, it is important that you recruit someone who represents your brand well. This can be a celebrity, thought leader, or customer. If you are working with celebrities, for example, make sure they represent your products or services well and are not just there for the money (or social media).
If you are working with someone like a celebrity, be sure to interview them beforehand so that their story feels natural when telling it in front of the camera. In addition to finding someone who fits well with your product/service offering and brand image; look at other aspects such as age range and ethnicity when picking an appropriate talent partner.
Use only HD resolution
- HD resolution is the minimum resolution you should use. If you're shooting a project that doesn't need to be broadcast at a high quality, then we recommend shooting your testimonial in standard definition (SD). But if it's possible, or if you have a higher budget, consider investing in HD equipment and filming in 720p or higher.
- This can make all of the difference when it comes to the clarity and quality of the video. Plus, when using HD cameras and editing software like Wondershare Filmora, Final Cut, or Adobe Premiere, you'll get more than just better-looking images—you'll also be able to export files that are larger than those created by SD cameras.
Filming elements are essential
To get the most out of your video testimonial, first, you need to be close to the camera and look directly into it. This will increase the rapport between you and your customers, making them feel like they are right there with you—and in turn creating trust.
Then, you also need to be wearing good quality clothing that fits well. Having an outfit that makes you look attractive (but not overly sexy) can make all the difference when it comes to conveying confidence and professionalism.
Finally, smile while filming! This is important because smiling helps people connect with those around them better than any other facial expression can do alone. If possible, try smiling even before turning on your camera so that people can see who they are dealing with before having any contact at all!
Where to place the videos
Now that you've got your video testimonials in hand, it's time to put them to work. There are several key places where you should consider placing your videos:
- On your homepage
- On landing pages
- On blog posts or articles that mention the product/service being promoted (whether yours or a competitor's)
- In social media posts and ads that promote the product/service being promoted (whether yours or a competitor's)
- As part of email newsletters sent out by you and your client(s).
Video testimonials are a powerful way to generate trust and conversions
Video testimonials are a powerful way to generate trust and conversions.
In the world of digital marketing, there's no shortage of ways to get your audience's attention. But one strategy that continues to work well is the use of video testimonials. Video testimonials are a great way to get your customers talking about how much they love your product or service—and how much it has helped them.
Video testimonials can help you:
- Increase conversion rates by 10-20% or more
- Generate more leads and sales quickly
- Demonstrate the value of your products and services
The Bottom Line
When you put in the right effort, video testimonials can be an incredibly powerful tool for generating trust and conversions. Video testimonials are a great way to show off your product or service, but they're also a way to build relationships with potential customers by demonstrating how much they've helped others. If you want to generate more sales, then consider implementing this strategy into your marketing plan today!