Scene Detection is an advanced editing feature offered in Filmora, which can be used to automatically split a film into basic temporal segments by detecting the transitions between shots in a video. It will greatly facilitate your job if you don't want to edit your video frame by frame but would rather quickly edit some short clips in a large piece of video.
The steps below will show you how to do auto scene detection with Filmora.
- Import media files to Filmora. You can either click the import button to bring up a pop up window so as to choose files stored in your local computer, or you can just drag and drop the files to the interface.
- Once the video clip is imported, move your cursor over it and then right click on it, hit the Scene detection option in the drop down menu.
- In the pop up window, click Detect, the original file will be separated into smaller segments in seconds.
- Click Add to Timeline, all segments will then be moved to the video track on the timeline.
- On the video track, you can choose to remove an unwanted part, or edit any clips as needed.