What is the best fast photo viewer for Windows 10? According to most users, the built-in image viewer is not top of the list. As you keep reading, you will discover why Windows 10 Photos is not a good choice. In addition, you will find recommendations for fast image viewer Windows 10 and why they outrank the proprietary software. Finally, remember that the list contains free and paid programs you can use for your creative work.
In this article
Part1: Why Windows 10 photos is not a good choice?
There are plenty of reasons why relying on Windows 10 photos for your creative work is a bad idea. Although the reasons vary between users, here are the main ones.
1. It is slow
The Photos app is not a fast photo viewer for Windows 10. Regardless of your computer's specs, it takes approximately similar load times across all machines. Here are some of the reasons for this flaw:
- Photos take between 10 and 20 seconds to load because the program needs to check if you are connected to your One Drive account.
- Accessing the app through your File Explorer menu will alsotake you a while, especially if you have other app extensions on the list. For example, if you have Windows 10 Photo viewer and MS Publisher active on the menu, Photo Viewer for Windows 10 takes a backseat.
2. It is bad at batch process
For the amateur photographers reading this, photo batch processing is when you edit multiple pictures simultaneously. For example, image viewer Windows 10 lets you download multiple images with a single click.
However, that is about as much you can get when using the program compared to the dozens of photo enhancements you can do with other similar software.??
3. Program crash galore
It is fine for computer software to crash occasionally. However, Windows 10 Photo Viewer takes it to the next level. The application crashes nearly every step of the photo viewing process. For example, it is common for your photo to freeze when saving your edits. As such, you have to restart the program and redo the adjustments.
4. Horrible user experience
How quickly can you save a file to the cloud? Most programs take seconds. Unfortunately, using image viewer Windows 10 is a completely different ball game.?
First, you have to save a copy of your photo. Then, find the duplicate and then upload it to One Drive. What a nightmare!
Part2: Top Best Fast Photo Viewer for Windows 10
There are several more reasons why you should not use photo viewer for Windows 10. However, what are your alternatives for the top best fast photo viewer for Windows 10?
1. PhotoDirector 365
Price: Free Version, $54.99 for the Annual Plan, and $14.99 for a monthly subscription.
Platform support: Windows 10 & 11 and macOS
PhotoDirector 365 is an image and video editing software by Cyberlink. It is available for both Windows and macOS users as a free download. However, you need to purchase a monthly or annual subscription to enable all the cool features. They include:
- Over 1900 image effects and templates to give you more creative freedom.
- Integration with Shutterstock and iStock enables you access to over 5 million royalty-free images and music.
- Various AI tools help you get the best results for your edits.
2. XnView Classic
Price: Free for a single user. However, they have a very generous company licensing model. For example, you will only pay €3.90 per license if you want it for more than 1000 creators.
Platform support: Windows 7 and above.
XnView Classic is a free-to-use photo viewer for Windows 10 users. In addition, it also allows batch conversion and image adjustments. Most users praise the following program features:
- XnView Classic is compatible with nearly 500 different image file formats. In addition, it allows you to create and export your photos in over 70 different formats.
- The program also has an extremely user-friendly interface. Furthermore, the image editing functions are labeled under unique categories, with information bubbles available on each one. As such, you can find your way around the program easily.
- You also get plenty of support when using XN View. The developer offers three types of support for all users, XnView Forum, XnView Wiki User Guide, and a Contact Us email.
- Furthermore, the developer confirms that the program is Adware- and Spyware -free.
3. IrfanView Graphic Viewer
Price: Free for non-commercial use.
Platform Support: Windows XP and above.
IrfanView is another free alternative for Windows 10 by developer Irfan Skijan. In addition, it also supports 32- and 64-bit versions of Windows Vista and up. Some of the program's key features include:
- The app is lightning fast as compared to other Windows 10 image viewers. This is because it only needs 5 MB of storage space to run.
- It is feature-rich with image editing tools, including IPTC editing, Add Watermark, and batch conversion.
- The interface is extremely user-friendly, allowing you to learn the program quickly.
- The developers are always offering new programs through regular software updates.
4. WidsMob Viewer Pro
Price: Free Version, with options for a lifetime license at $35.99 or an annual license at $19.99.
Platform Support: The program is compatible with Windows XP (SP2or later), Windows Vista & above, and macOS.
WidsMob Viewer Pro is arguably the fastest media manager in the creative industry. In addition, it is available as a free download for both macOS and Windows users. Unfortunately, the free version features image watermarks which limit your post-production capabilities.
However, you will enjoy the program better when you purchase a license. Here is what you can expect:
- Free program updates forever with the lifetime license.
- Free multi-lingual customer support.
- Extremely cool photo editing tools, including photo stitching and batch conversion.
- Generous bundle offers to offer you more creative freedom. For example, the company is currently offering a 6-in-1 Bundle for Windows for $59.99.
- An extremely user-friendly interface with elaborate tabs gives you instant access to all your photos. In addition, it features a cool color scheme to prevent eye strain and fatigue.
5. Image Glass
Price: Free to use non-commercially.
Platform Support: Windows 10 & 11, and macOS.
Are you looking for a modern UI for your image viewer? Then, you should consider using Image Glass. The image viewer is a lightweight open-source image editor by developers Duong Phap and Kevin Routley. Currently, you can download version 8.67.13, which comes with the following features:
- Compatibility with over 80 image file formats, including SVG, HEIC, and RAW.
- Various Theme and Language packs enable you to create a custom user interface.
- Regular updates of the program, including new feature sets to further your creativity.
Part3: Best Free Video Editor to Make Slideshow with Photos
Image slideshows are a great way to showcase your creations in one shot. However, the image and video editor you use makes all the difference. Although you can choose from plenty of options, here is why you should consider Filmora for your projects.
- The program is available on Windows 7 & above and macOS 10.14 & later.
- Filmora supports most image file formats, such as .tiff,.png, and gifs.
- In addition, you can add a music track to your slideshow and use the rich sound effect library to woo your audience. Alternatively, you can record your custom audio using the Speech to Text feature and make your slide shows unique.
- It features an extremely user-friendly interface to accommodate all users.
- Finally, the program offers you a free trial, with the option to cancel anytime before the trial expiry. In addition, Wondershare offers a 30-day money-back guarantee with every subscription.
Here is how to create a slideshow with music on Filmora.
- Download your free version of Filmora from the official website or your device app store.
- Then, install the program by clicking the executable and following the on-screen prompts.
- Launch the program and click Add Files to import your images to the storyboard. Kindly note that Filmora has no photo quantity limit.
- Then, click on the Music toolbar to add music to your slideshow. You will find this under the Personalize tab on the storyboard. In addition, you can customize the music by double-clicking the track from your timeline. Kindly note the effects will vary depending on your subscription model. For example, you get access to over 100 editing features with a premium subscription.
- Finally, click on thePublishtab to save and preview your work. Filmora allows you to save your file in multiple formats, including 4K, YouTube, and Vimeo.
1. Do you need a premium image viewer Windows 10 to create commercial work?
Yes. You need a license to enable all the post-production features of the software. In addition, most free image viewers offer basic editing tools to create a professional job.
2. How can you switch from photo viewer for Windows 10 to your preferred software?
Access the Default Apps menu from the Settings option of your OS. Then, change your preferred app by selecting it from the Photos menu.