So, you wanted to have your podcast channel set up but need help figuring out where to start. Finding the best windows podcast app for windows can be tricky if you are unfamiliar with the market, but you can leave the hassle to us.
This article will dive deep into what kind of Windows podcast apps you should look for. Where can you download them, and what are the main features? All of these questions will be answered below.
Disclaimer: This article is made for general information and educational purposes only instead of commercial use. All the reviews and perspectives only represent the personal views of the editor.
In this article
Why to use Windows podcast apps
Now, we got you that you're looking for a podcast streaming service. We will look ahead to the famous podcast apps where you can stream and even create your channel to start a podcast. Podcasts are available across many platforms, but using apps helps you to:
- Stay organized: Apps are organized to make browsing and to navigate the media library easy.
- Get subscriptions and exclusive access: Apps allow you to subscribe to your favorite forms of channels and sources of audio, allowing you exclusive content.
- A platform of browsing: Apps host numerous artists publishing their podcasts on a schedule so you can stay up to date with your favorite channels.
Top 3 picks for Windows podcast apps
The internet market is full of apps that allow you to listen to podcasts and upload them. You've even heard of some apps mentioned ahead. And you will also be looking at those apps you've yet to explore. Take a look at the overview of the famous Podcast apps available. These include Grover pro, Spotify, and Stitcher.
Amazing app to manage your favorite podcasts on windows.
Grover Pro is available easily on the Microsoft windows store, and you can also find it for mobile, Xbox, Surface Hub, and Hololens.
User experience: 4.5/5 stars
Grover Pro is available in the Microsoft store starting from $2.99.
Spotify is a world-famous app for streaming music and listening to podcasts.
Spotify is one of the premium apps you can download to stream the latest music from your favorite artists. Not only that, there are various forms of podcast channels you can listen to by easy browsing.
User experience: 4.2/5 stars
Frist premium month is free; after that, $9.99/month.
Stitcher is a media company that manages to create, distribute and monetize podcasts.
Stitcher is the easiest platform to listen, download and discover your favorite podcasts across android, iOS, Web, and more.
User experience: 4/5 stars
Stitcher is available for $4.99/month or $34.55/year.
These were our top podcast picks, but we will dive much deeper into the variety of available apps for the best windows podcast apps/services. And not only windows, every other platform, including macOS, Android, iOS, and much more.
Overview of the 8 podcast apps available for Windows
Above, we mentioned our top picks for the podcast apps available for your desktop. But the list continues. As the internet is vast, many Podcast services are available.
To give you a general idea of the Podcast apps, we will be looking at a comparison between the main podcast services available so you can decide what suits you best.
|Apps||Free (Yes/No)||Rating||Available for PC|
8 Best Podcast Apps for Windows
The vast majority of the services available on the internet make it a bit messy to know where to start listening to podcasts. Especially if you are a beginner!
But a comparison would help you get an overview of the available choices. After checking out the comparison, we will move forward to selecting your primary choice for a podcast.
We'll look at the 10 best podcast apps you can use to enhance your audio-listening experience. Not only that, but this description will also allow you to explore more choices in terms of subscriptions and features.
1. Grover Pro
Grover Podcast is one of Windows's best apps for managing your podcasts. Grover Podcast lets you focus on what matters to your wish and desire. Grover Podcast Software provides simple and efficient management for your podcasts.
It has a simple-to-use user interface with many eye-catching features. Take a look at the main features of Grover Pro.
- It allows you to stream podcasts directly from the app.
- Allow you to search for podcasts to listen to and subscribe to.
- It also gives you the option to delete old or heard podcasts.
- With the new features and updates, it will allow you to download new podcasts automatically.
Best Known For
Among all its features, Grover pro is best known for:
- Its excellent layout: With the user-friendly interface Grover Pro allows you to access new podcasts in a fresh and tasteful way that you will never get bored.
- Impressive performance: With new updates around the corner, Grover Pro uses its excellent services and immerses you in its performance.
- Only limitation would be your network provider's internet speed.
- Although a few podcasts are not available for download before purchase.
- Streaming it live with a poor connection could cause audio buffering.
Grover Pro is available in the windows store app starting at $2.99.
Spotify is one of the largest podcast streaming services available across many platforms. It hosts over 456 million monthly active users, including 196 million premium subscribers.
How we have started to consume music has changed rapidly and dramatically in the modern era. Many people are switching from their regular means of music streaming to a more confined and special service, just like Spotify.
- Spotify has one of the largest music and spoken-word content libraries, so a ton of audio content is available.
- Podcast streaming is also available from your favorite channels.
- A user-friendly and pleasing interface that helps you customize your home library however you desire.
- A helpful search bar that will help you find your music by typing just one word.
- Moreover, you can create your own playlists that you can publicly upload too.
Best Known For
- Virtually every genre and region is covered in terms of music preferences. It offers more than 35 million songs and podcasts.
- Create a free version of its mobile app, with similar features and functionality. You get access to all the same music, the same radio stations, the same lyrics, the same videos - but for a minimal fee.
No such limitations apart from the regular ads, which can sometimes be annoying. Buying a premium package removes all ads.
Spotify is free for the first 30 days’ trial, then Premium is available for $9.99/ per month.
Stitcher is among the best apps available for podcast streaming. It has revolutionized what podcast listening should be. From the engaging UI to the ultimate customization for seeking control. It's made listening to podcasts simple and fun.
Stitcher is available to get the most recent episodes of your podcasts quickly. Everything you require for podcast streaming is conveniently located in one location. It's a package of all the good things for a podcast app.
- With the up-next queue feature and custom seek controls, Stitcher offers you to listen from the web anytime.
- It has Bluetooth connectivity.
- It can help you fall asleep under the sweet sounds of a podcast.
Best Known For
Besides the foremost features, Stitcher is best known for:
- Lines up the episodes you need to play straight away; doing so will make your podcast listening much more efficient and away from distractions that can get annoying.
- Customize yours seek Controls: You can seek how far or back the audio will play with custom seek controls.
- Multiple platforms support: Stitcher offers its services across various platforms, allowing you to sync with your favorite channels.
It has no such limitations or cons to be afraid of.
Stitcher is available from $4.99/month with a 14-day trial or a $34.99/annual option with a 30-day free trial.
4. Pocket Casts
Pocket-Casts is the best podcast app because it offers simplicity yet versatility. It provides podcast recommendations according to your tastes to make it easy for you to discover new podcasts and episodes.
Pocket-Casts will introduce you to unique new content that you'll love. Not only that, but it also helps you manage all your podcasts.
- Cross-device sync capability.
- A versatile discovery for the episodes of your favorite podcasts.
- Trim silence, a top-tier service to remove or skip the silence part of the podcast.
- Airplay and Chromecast support.
Best Known For
There are many features of Pocket-Casts, but it's best known for:
- Powerful filters: with different options available, you can create filters that will show you the podcasts of your choice.
- Auto playback queue: Pocket-Casts automatically allows you to build a playback queue from your favorite shows.
- Sonos and Alexa compatibility: Pocket-Cast is compatible with intelligent AI house speakers.
Some individuals may find Pocket Casts's interface design complicated.
It is available from $0.99/month with a 14-day trial basis.
iTunes is one of the favored podcast apps, especially for those using apple OS. It offers its services as a multimedia player, media library, and mobile device management utility.
With iTunes, you can control your full media collection in one spot. It is a prominent feature developed by the Apple company. You can also subscribe to Apple Music for unlimited access to millions of songs. Moreover, with its cloud services, you can easily sync from your PC to your iPod, iPad, or iPhone.
- Easily listen to music on the go.
- You can listen to the vast library of audiobooks available.
- iTunes makes watching TV shows and movies much easier.
Best Known For
- Made it easier to buy music. It allows you to purchase and download items directly to portable Apple devices, such as the iPhone, iPad, Apple TV and iPod Touch. Moreover, you no longer had to buy a whole album just to hear a single song.
- Best podcast app for Apple users.
If you are using a laptop with windows and an iOS phone. Managing storage kind of becomes a hassle. Not only that, transferring files between iOS and windows is a little tricky.
iTunes is a free-to-use application.
6. Podcast App
The podcast app is a world-renowned app for listening to podcasts. Whether walking, jogging, working out, or even sleeping, the podcast app will allow you to listen to podcasts without limitations. Podcast App helps you find, save, and listen to your favorite podcasts.
As we said above, podcast apps sure come with many similar features but what makes them special is how they turn the little things into more unique ones.
- Browsing the library through categories.
- Using the filters to tailor your browsing experience.
- You can stay healthy by listening to calming and relaxing yoga practitioners' words.
Best Known For
Among its vast features, it's best known for:
- Compact UI: The UI on the app makes it fun and exciting to use.
- Filters provider: It provides endless categories and filters, which will help you find your way to your favorite channel easily.
If you don’t have a good internet connection, your podcasts may take longer than usual to load on Podcast App. Moreover, it is only available for Mobile devices.
The podcast app is free to use for everyone.
TuneIn is a world-famous service for listening to podcasts and online radio. It is a global audio streaming service with over 75 million monthly active users accessing live news, radio, sports, music, and podcasts.
After downloading TuneIn, you can easily listen to live sports, music, news, and podcasts.
- Users can listen to more than 100,000 radio stations worldwide from the TuneIn website and apps that include the usual AM, FM, and many more.
- TuneIn's library includes broadcasts of sports, news, talk, and music on a global scale.
- With more programs, you can also opt to learn new languages.
Best Known For
Among its many features, TuneIn is best known for
- Radio listening: No wonder listening to your favorite TV shows is fun, but the TuneIn radio does ring a bell. TuneIn is the best service to listen to your fab podcasts and news.
- Have access to all the other local channels.
Although the features are attractive, users have complained about the app getting buggy sometimes. Unwanted ads may pop up and interrupt your experience, or maybe the app opens and closes automatically at times.
TuneIn is a free-to-use app with premium access available to purchase.
Castro is a beautiful yet feature-rich podcast player that makes tracking and managing the multiple podcasts available at once easier and simpler. It allows you to listen to the episodes you want and skip the rest, allowing you to queue up hours of podcasts at a time.
The Castro podcast app makes it simple to manage the many podcasts available and allows you to listen to the best episodes of all your favorite shows.
- Offers custom playback speeds.
- With mono mix and Enhance Voices, you can increase the quality of your podcasts.
- Advanced chapter support.
- You can now play from the notifications too!
- With Castro's car play app, you can listen to your favorite podcasts while driving.
Best Known For
Among its many features, Castro is best known for:
- Custom playback speeds: With custom playback speed, now you can customize those seek controls and give yourself an edge over efficiency.
- Pleasing artwork: With the attractive UI, you are pleased from the moment you open the app.
- Podcast sharing: It allows you to share podcasts across multiple platforms.
Although the app is great, sometimes ads may pop up to ruin the user experience. You may frequently get asked to subscribe to the premium version with each update.
It's a free-to-use application with a premium service/plan available to purchase from $18.99/year.
Castro is only available in the Apple store.
Audiocloud is third-part app powered by Soundcloud. It can stream audio of podcast and have music library too. You can save and add any podcast in your favorites list with Audiocloud.
- You can get gapless playback list on Audiocloud.
- Easily control playback speed of Podcast audios with various options.
- Advanced support of team.
- You can listen to famous podcasts while sleeping or driving.
Best Known For
- It gives an ideal option of sleep timer.
- Provide management of list to easily drag-and-drop.
- No ads are shown on this app.
Due to third-party app restrictions, you can’t listen to all music or Podcast tracks on Audiocloud. There is no opportunity to download any track due to constraints.
It's a free-to-use application available for all devices.
10. Google Podcasts
The Google Podcasts app allows you to listen to the most recent episodes of your favorite shows. It allows you to discover podcast recommendations according to your wishes. It also manages your listening activity.
The Google Podcasts app helps you search for and listen to podcasts from over the internet from various platforms, including the search bar, the Google Podcasts app, Google Assistant, and Android Auto. Although, Google Podcasts does not host any podcasts accessible via the service.
- It allows you to track your listening history, downloads, and subscriptions.
- It favors listening to music on multiple devices simultaneously.
- Stream episodes for immediate playback.
- It allows you to auto-download episodes for offline and on-the-go listening.
Best Known For
- Design consistency: The user interface holds a familiar look with Gmail and Google docs, making your experience easy and manageable.
- Keeps track: With the user-friendly interface and familiarity, if you have worked on any google service before, it keeps track of listening history, downloads, and subscriptions.
- Add from RSS: New features in Google Podcast allow you to add from the RSS feed.
Users have complained that sometimes the ads will pop, interrupting the podcast and ruining a smooth experience. Also, some podcasts can’t find in Google Podcast.
It is a free-to-use service.
What to look for a podcast app for pc?
Now that we have looked over the best podcast apps for PC, it's about time to choose the best one for you. To make it easy to decide, you will ask yourself the following questions.
1. Is the app available for multiple devices?
An app can be great, but does it support multiple devices? You will need to keep in mind if you are using your PC to browse for Podcast, will you be able to browse it on your phone too? A sync-to-cloud service allows the users to access podcasts from multiple devices, so you need to keep that in mind.
2. Can the podcast show be found in the app?
Yes, you want to listen to podcasts, but what kind of podcasts do you want to listen to? Does the app you are searching for host your desired podcast show, channel, or even artist? The answer to these questions will allow you to choose the best podcast app.
3. Does the app have a user-friendly UI?
Having a reasonable podcast app means the user can browse the library quickly, with short and straightforward content. A user-friendly UI enables you to work with more efficiency and save time.
Moreover, an interactive UI makes the experience more pleasing, and designers keep this in mind because the UI is the first thing a user will notice when they open the app. So a good UI may also mean the developers have kept a keen eye on designing the app.
4. What is the cost value?
According to the users' complaints, one of the significant raised concerns is the cost of premium access to the app. You will be laden with ads from over the UI if not bought, which may interrupt a smooth experience.
So to hide those ads, a premium plan will allow you to remove these ads and make your browsing much smoother. Moreover, a premium plan will allow you to access the vast services that come exclusively with the plan.
Listening to podcasts is a worldwide trend nowadays. Watching a podcast requires you to sit on a couch. But a good podcast app allows you to listen while in a car, on a train, at home, or even working out.
Various podcast apps will allow you to explore the world of audio media with various interests and shows. Following the guide mentioned above, you can now select the Windows podcast app easily that suits you the best.