In recent times, TikTok has become a major social media platform and along with the influencers, a lot of celebrities are also creating TikTok videos to gain popularity. The intuitive design of TikTok makes it addictive to its users and the simple user interface helps them create video content more conveniently. Thus, TikTok can be called a video editor as well as a social media platform for its global users.
And one of the main functions of any video editing application is that the user should be able to zoom into videos to showcase specific areas of the video or to make a unique transition. In this article, we are going to learn about face zoom TikTok and how one user can use the Zoom function and make videos with it.
In this article
Part 1. Zoom on TikTok while creating a new video
With its growing popularity, TikTok has been adding many features to its video editing front. And one of such major functions of TikTok is to zoom the video as per your preference. There are two ways in which a user can zoom the video on TikTok.
The first one involves zooming in while recording the video and the second one is when you are editing it. And while creating a new video, you are needed to pinch into the screen to zoom your video to zoom in and you can pinch out to do a zoom out. The complete stepwise process is explained below:
- First, open the TikTok application and click on the plus "+" icon that will help you to create a new video. This plus icon is placed at the bottom of the TikTok interface.
- When you tap on the "+" icon, the recording interface will open up. Now, select the duration of the video by tapping the "clock" icon on the left-hand side of the screen. After selecting a set duration, you will find a red shutter button which you will need to hold to start the recording.
- Now, to zoom in on the recording, you can use any of two methods of zooming in. The first method involves you moving your finger up towards the top of your phone from the shutter icon. This will show you a red circle getting bigger.
- Alternatively, you can use one finger to pinch into the screen while holding the shutter icon with another finger and this will ultimately help you achieve a zoom effect on your video.
- For zooming out, you can move your finger towards the shutter button or pinch out and then save the video.
Part 2. How to Zoom an existing TikTok video
TikTok is known to provide a vast number of filters as well as editing tools that can create stunning videos with very less effort. And the zoom effect is one of such important functions of video making. If you are new to this then you should know that either you can apply a zoom while creating the video or after recording it. So, for any reason, if you forgot to apply zoom in or zoom out while recording, then you can easily apply this effect while editing it. To zoom TikTok video, you will need to follow these steps:
- First, open any video from your camera roll and upload it to the TikTok application by sharing it to its interface. Alternatively, you can head to the TikTok application and browse your video from the camera roll.
- After uploading the video to the TikTok interface, find the option that says "Visual effects" and then navigate to "Effects".
- Here you will need to find an effect namely the "zoom effect" and tapping on it will apply the effect to your video.
- You can drag the marker of the timeline to set the beginning of the effect on your video. Then press the zoom effect and release it where you want the zoom effect to end.
- Then save the video and the effect will be applied successfully.
Part 3. How to face zoom TikTok
One of the main reasons why TikTok is so popular amongst users is because its developers give extensive effort to creating amazing effects and filters for the interface. While Snapchat may have been the first application that brought the trend of filters, TikTok has created a whole another level of hype for such effects. And face zoom on TikTok is such a popular option that is used by billions of users.
And if you are new to this platform, you can follow these steps to use this face zoom feature of TikTok to create awesome videos:
- First, open the TikTok application and go to the effects section of the interface. The effects icon is usually located on the left side of the record button to the corner of your screen. You can usually spot this as soon as you open the camera of the TikTok interface.
- When you have located and clicked on the effects section of the TikTok application, there will be a bunch of categories of filters and effects listed according to their family and popularity. Tap on the option that says "Trending" and it will lead you to the trending effects on the TikTok interface.
- Now, scroll down to browse all the filters and find the effect with the title "Zoom TikTok Filter". This filter has an icon of a smiling face on the screen with a square box of white shade.
- The filter icon background is of turquoise color. You will need to tap on that and your face zoom effect will be activated.
- Alternatively, you can also go to the effects page and the search bar and then type "Face Zoom" on the text box, followed by a search click to find the TikTok facezoom filter more easily.
The Bottom Line
TikTok has become more than just a social media platform and these days almost everyone uses this application to create videos. The article discussed some of the best tips and tricks about how you can apply the zoom in TikTok when creating or editing a video. We have also explained the stepwise process to the TikTok zoom effect as well as zoom out in the TikTok app. And we hope that following these methods you will be able to create your desired video effect with ease.