How to Upload iMovie Video to Vimeo
Many users would like to share their videos from iMovie on their social networks, such as YouTube, Facebook and Vimeo. iMovie's "Share" option makes it easy to upload your new video straight to your social networks account from iMovie. In this article we’ll teach you how to upload iMovie videos to Vimeo easily and smoothly.
How to upload iMovie video to Vimeo
In order to upload iMovie videos to Vimeo, you must have to set up an account with Vimeo before uploading videos. Watch this video below to upload iMovie video to Vimeo.
Here’s the steps:
Step 1: Click the export button which can be located at the bottom of your screen
Step 2: Select Vimeo
Then all you need to do is enter the email address you use to log into Vimeo, your password as well as a title, description and tags for the video. You can also select which size you’d like your video to be. Then all you need to do is read the Vimeo terms of service and click Publish.
How to Compress the video
When trying to upload iMovie videos to Vimeo many people with bigger files get a pop up telling them the file is too big. Don’t dismay as compressing the video will allow you to upload without additional problems.
Step 1: Find the export settings in your program, generally under “File – Export”, “File – Share”, or “Save As”
Step 2: Select “File” and save the video to Mac
Step 3: Compress the video
An alternative to the aforementioned compression method is to use Compressor. Before you can do anything you will first need to set up an account or use an existing Facebook or Google account to do so.
One of the most popular tools that can significantly shrink the file size without losing quality is ClipChamp .
Follow this instruction to compress your videos without sacrificing the quality.
- Upload your video and set it to compress
- Press start to begin compressing
- Then share the video directly to Vimeo
As you can see using Clipchamp Compressor to compress before you upload iMovie videos to Vimeo is a simpler, faster way to do so. This makes it great for people who are new to video making, editing and uploading. For those with more skill reducing the steps is an excellent way to save time and get videos up faster.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>
- Vimeo Video Tips
- 1. Definition
- 1.1 What is Vimeo?
- 1.2 Vimeo Basic, Vimeo Plus or Vimeo Pro: Which is Right for You?
- 1.3 Vimeo vs YouTube: Which is Better?
- 1.4 Vimeo vs YouTube vs Dailymotion: Which Video Platform is Right for You?
- 2. How to Edit/Tips +
- 2.1 How to Make Thumbnail
- 2.2 How to add subtitle/captions to Vimeo videos
- 2.3 How to Trim and Cut Vimeo Videos
- 2.4 How to Add Music to Vimeo Videos
- 2.5 How to Make Vimeo Videos
- 2.6 How to upload iMovie video to Vimeo
- 2.7 How to Upload Window Movie Maker Video to Vimeo
- 2.8 How to insert a Vimeo video into PowerPoint
- 2.9 How to share Vimeo video online
- 2.10 Tips to Get Your Video “Staff Picked” on Vimeo
- 3. Editing Tools +
- 3.1 Best Video Editor for Vimeo
- 3.2 Vimeo Cameo Review
- 3.3 10 Best Alternatives to Vimeo Cameo
- 3.4 Which is Better Video Editor for iPhone? Cameo or FilmoraGo?
- 4. How to download Vimeo Videos +
- 3.1 Best Vimeo Video Downloaders
- 3.2 How to Download Vimeo Video to MP4
- 3.3 How to Download Vimeo Video to MP3