What’s is Adobe Premiere Pro CC and Adobe Premiere Elements
Premiere Pro CC is a video editing and manipulating software for professionals and it is the latest version that has been introduced by Adobe, it has been made a part of Creative Cloud bringing an end to CS.
It has many new features to offer to its users such as, color workspace, morph cut, multi project work flow, GPU optimized playback, search bins, creative cloud libraries etc.
Another similar video editing program that has been introduced by Adobe is Adobe Premiere Elements which is basically a scaled down version of Premiere Pro. It does not have all the features but provides a basic platform for video editing, merging, cropping videos, adding effects and smoothing shaky footages as well. Premiere Element was first launched in September, 2004 and an upgraded version is introduced each year ever since its initial launch.
How to rotate/flip a video in Adobe Premiere Pro
- Rotate/flip a video in Adobe Premiere Elements
- Rotate/flip a video in Adobe Premiere Pro CC
Premiere Elements provides the user with the option to rotate/flip a video using the software. The steps to do so are explained below:
1. Start the program and open the video clip to be edited.
2. Next you adjust the position of the video clip. To do this you open the clip in the Quick View and then drag it to the Monitor Panel and then adjust it.
3. Next you can click the “Applied Effects” button and scale the clip.
4. If you require to use the original scale then after importing your video file, choose the clip and go to “Video Options” and from there deselect “Scale to Frame Size”.
5. Now you can rotate the clip in the quick view or expert view timeline by first clicking the “Applied Effects” button.
6. The Applied Effects panel will promptly open, from here you “Expand the Motion Effect” and click “Rotate Right” or “Rotate Left” to achieve a 90o rotation.
7. Then you adjust the clip’s anchor points by dragging the anchor point sliders for the motion effect.
8. Rotation process of the required clip is complete.
Now the similar job to rotate/flip a video can be achieved by using the latest version of Premiere Pro which is Adobe Premiere Pro CC. The steps are as follows:
1. Start up the program and open the video file to be worked on.
2. Highlight the desired piece of video on the timeline panel.
3. Now, options will appear on the top right of the panel.
4. These options are “Effect Controls”.
5. Next you look for the “Motion” option.
6. From here you can move, scale and rotate the video as required using the given options.
How to rotate/flip a video using Adobe Premiere Pro Alternatives
The level of complexity for performing this simple task is quite high using the Adobe products. One might naturally resort to an easier and more efficient option as an alternative software to be used to get the job done. The recommended software for effectively editing a video while saving time is Wondershare Filmora. It is a much simpler alternative that helps produce professionally edited videos with an easy to use interface for beginners and people with less video editing experience so that they can easily produce high quality videos.
Now to rotate/flip a video clip in Filmora the following simple steps can be easily followed:
1. Start the program and simply “import” the files to be edited or easily drag and drop them.
2. If necessary you can easily separate the fragment to be rotated or treat the entire file if required.
3. Next, double click the video on the timeline to open an editing panel. The rotating options are located on the top from where you can easily select and apply the required rotation to the selected video.
4. You will be shown a preview of what your rotation will look like in the preview video.
5. When you are satisfied with the orientation you can simply click “return” and the video will be rotated as required without any quality loss.
6. You can now “save” the changes made and continue editing.