- Premiere Tutorial
- 1. Basic Editing+
- • Edit Videos to the Beat
- • Use Proxy
- • Add Subtitles/Captions
- • Premiere Pro Nesting
- • Make Subclips
- • Sync Audio to Video
- • Use Submix
- • Reduce Noise
- • Export Settings
- • Edit GoPro Videos
- • Deinterlace
- • Use Slide and Slip Tools
- • Add Text
- • Create Freeze Frame
- • Crop Videos
- • Adobe Premiere Pro Tutorial
- • Rotate/Flip
- • Merge/Combine Clips
- • How to Reverse/Rewind Clips in Adobe Premiere Pro
- • Upload YouTube Videos
- • Import and Export Videos
- 2. Advanced Editing+
- • Motion Tracking
- • How to Mask
- • Multicam Editing
- • Audio Track Mixer
- • Warp Stabilizer
- • Add& Remove Keyframes
- • Create Vignettes
- • Add Timecode
- • Add White Letterbox
- • Add Grid Effects
- • Flash Transition
- • Chroma Key
- • Time Remapping
- • Make Motion Blur Effect
- • Color Grading/Correction
- 3. Creative Editing+
- • Lumetri Color
- • Color Correction
- • Roll Credits
- • Make Camera Shake
- • Convert Horizontal Video to Vertical
- • Create Split Screen
- • Record Voiceover
- 4. Resources+
Top 15 Adobe Premiere Plugins for Effects and Transitions
Although Premiere is a complete and robust platform, there is always room for customization, extras, and just plain cool add-ons that are too niche for Adobe to produce themselves.
For example, you can add free Adobe Premiere title templates to make your video excellent.
While everyone's list will be different depending on what they use Premiere for, here is my choice of tools and effects that I find the most useful.
- Part 1: Top 15 Adobe Premiere Pro Plugins for Transitions and Effects
- Part 2: FAQ about Adobe Premiere Plugins
Best Alternative to Adobe Premiere - Filmora
The Premiere is excellent if you can find the best Adobe Premiere plugin at the time and money price.
If you want to edit videos easily, here we recommend using Filmora. It is designed for pros who want to make video easily or want to enter a professional video editing level.
For transitions, it has various built-in creative tools to use, including dissolve, motion, zoom, and more. For effects, you can use cinematic effects without efforts.
Unlimited tracks can power up your story with various videos and audio. Free download it to have a try!
You may also like:
How to Use Adobe Premiere Pro >>
How to add transitions in Adobe Premiere Pro >>
Before choosing a plugin, you should consider compatibility and extensibility in case the plugin is not working with Premiere. You can also visit the Adobe partner finder database to have a closer relationship with developers around the world if you want to search for plugin partners
Part 1: Top 15 Adobe Premiere Pro Plugins for Transitions and Effects
Some may say this is cheating, but for me, this is the number one add-on for Premiere. There is a reason for this, and that is that After Effects enables you to create anything you can dream of wanting within the Premiere environment.
Graphics, transitions, titles and templates, composites and a myriad of other options can be created and imported directly into Premiere. They integrate perfectly and enable smooth transitions between a Premiere project, creating an effect or graphic in After Effects.
Other plugins appear in this list that are extremely capable of a specific scenario, but none of the breadth of ability that After Effects brings to the table.
It is the best Adobe Premiere plugins to download.
- Steep learning: we have to admit that it is not easy to make Adobe Premiere plugins with Effects, but if you have learned how-to, you are the master.
- Animation: If you like animation style video, you can use it to make Adobe Premiere animation plugins.
Neat Video is a great plugin for Premiere, unlike After Effects it has a single function, and that is noise reduction. It is very good at it.
While Camera technology has advanced at a remarkable rate, there are still circumstances when even the best cameras available to us produce a video that is a little too noisy for its intended use, and this is where Neat Video steps in.
It works as a video filter from within the Premiere environment. It can be applied to a sequence in its entirety of any number of individual clips within the sequence as desired.
Although aimed at noise reduction for modern digital cameras, Neat Video is also very useful in the digitization process of older VHS or film stock. It can be used to clean up the resulting digital file.
- Underwater shots: You can make underwater shots with this plug-in. With it, you can make your video more beautiful.
- Accurate and efficient: As the best Adobe Premiere plugin, it can offer you an accurate effect.
A utility box of effects and transitions if ever there was one, Final Effects integrates smoothly with Premiere and includes over 120 different items. If you want to broaden your effects library but do not have any specific requirements, then this is the product for you. I particularly like the 3D relief effect, but there is something in here for every type of project you can think.
Price: $2495 for all bundles
- Stylized looks: it offers various filters to use
- Auto-animating transitions: you can make animation style transitions auto.
4Magic Bullet Looks
This is a wondrous plugin that is primarily a color finishing tool but includes a raft of options that make it much more useful. The color finishing is first class. It comes with over 100 included presets organized by category so you can quickly find the right one for your project, plus the ability to fine-tune and save the results as custom presets meaning the possibilities are endless to obtain the right unified look you wish for your project.
In addition, options for lens distortion and lighting enable either corrections or stylized looks to be implemented to complement the color choices made.
- Great compatibility: it works well on Windows and Mac.
- Price: the price may be higher than we thought.
This one is quite a specific plugin that won't be for everyone, but if you are a regular proponent of time-lapse or slow-motion footage, this is a plugin that will be your best friend for life. One of the time-lapse issues is the changing exposures during such filming that produce a flickering effect when viewed.
What flicker-free does is to normalize the exposure and remove the flicker. It not only works on time-lapse, but can solve similar issues with slow-motion filming, and even assist with the rolling effect you can get from LED lighting and computer monitors.
It works from within Premiere and comes with useful presets to make the process as simple as possible. However, they can all be individually tweaked where necessary to get the perfect results.
- Fluent workflow: the working experience is great if you try it.
- Time-lapse: You can make the time-lapse or slow-motion video better by specific Premiere plugin.
Another great plugin that is very specific in its use, Damage is, despite the name, a non-destructive filter plugin that simulates the grain, glitches, scan lines, and grit of aged film stock. There are over 80 presets available to use, and whilst its use is not going to be hugely widespread, for producing that aged effect there is nothing better.
- 5 tool kits: it includes 5 Adobe Premiere plug-ins
This is a nice plugin that allows the creation of, you've guessed it, Rays. That is light rays to be precise. Atmospheric, beautiful, they can be many things, but there is no questioning the effectiveness of this plugin at simulating light rays. It's outstanding, as this promotional image shows.
- Rays only: if you love rays, this one won't let you regret it.
- Natural lights: this Premiere offers natural lights
Another 'box of tricks' style product, Coremelt includes a huge number over 220 of effects and transitions.
It's the sheer breadth of options within the package that makes this one a must for any aspiring video editor.
- Well-designed: you can make great Adobe Premiere plugins as it is well designed. It is easy and quick to use.
- Various plugs: it offers over Premiere 220 plugins to download.
This is a professional grade package of effects and transitions that raises the bar for what is possible. My favorite one is the tilt-shift that produces that toy-like landscape that has become popular within the photography world in recent years.
There are over 600 effects within the Vitascene package. It is not the cheapest out there by any means, but is aimed squarely at the professional output and has the quality to do it.
- Customizable plugins: you can customize your plugins after downloading.
- High quality: all the plugins are HD quality
Last but not least is Sapphire, a suite comprising over 250 effects and presets to produce innovative and eye-catching transitions and effects in your work.
From light glows and lens flares to mimicking the look of the film and a couple of hundred others, there is something there for everyone.
- Major update: it is a major update from the previous plug-ins.
- CPU and GPU: it performs well in low CPU and GPU.
If you want to give your video clip a cinematic look quickly, here is another Adobe Premiere plugin you should know. FilmConvert can help you adjust your video color, so you won't spend much time making a color correction. You can also add film grain to your video within a few clicks. You even can apply it to 4K videos. If you want to have a real filmmaking video, this one is worth trying.
- 6K video editing effects applied
- You can use 3D lut to export video
With the UNIVERSE, you can make a fast and smooth transition. If you also want to glow your video, you can add it to video to make a glow effect. It supports using hotkeys, so editing with hotkeys can be really useful. It fits quite well with Premiere Pro. You can customize the real effects to make it what you want.
- Various effects and transition to choose
- You can also generate text in the video clip
If you want to stabilize videos in Premiere Pro, use this Adobe Premiere plugin to make your video stable. It supports 3D stabilization to adjust precise settings. The best part is you can quickly this plugin to make video stable. You can also stabilize video with a lower zoom-in option. It owns a multi-core CPU for fast rendering.
- Roller Shutter Compensation to use for pros
- Automatic profile selection to save your time
As its name suggested, you can use this adobe premiere plugins to separate red, green, and blue. You can also move, blur fades these 3 color channels, which is very useful when you want to distort RGB. Floating licenses are available if you select from License Type, but this only works with the Floating License Server.
- Lens Distortion according to RGB channel
- It quite fits well with Adobe Premiere Pro
15BORIS FX SAPPHIRE V11
If you want to improve your video editing skills to a higher level, you can use BORIS FX SAPPHIRE V11 to be your premiere pro plugins. It includes more than 3000 presets and some other popular presets such as WHIPLASH TRANSITION, GLITCH, and SHAKE. You just need to import these plugins to make your video more powerful.
- You can make a stunning organic video looking by adding this plugin
- It includes 270 visual effects to make editing powerful
Part 2: FAQ about Adobe Premiere Plugins
1. How do I add plugins to Premiere Pro on Mac?
Adding premiere pro plugins on Mac is no longer a challenging task. Follow these steps to add plugins:
- Choose the Safari browser on your Mac.
- Go to preference and choose a website.
- Check the box to enable the plugin.
- For Adobe premiere pro plugin, you may also need to turn on the plugin for each website that you use.
We hope following this simple step will solve your plugin problem on Mac.
2. Where are Premiere Pro plugins?
You need to check the application folder in your device to find the Premiere Pro plugins' location. Once you locate the application folder, right-click on the folder.
The right-click will show the package content in that folder. You will find the Premiere Pro plugin within that. I hope you will find the plugin without any problems.
If you are tired of using Adobe Premiere, why not choose Wondershare Filmora? It is a professional video editing software that can power up your story. It is easy to use compared with Premiere. You will have more control over the video effects and transitions. Auto color correction and automatic audio sync can help you save a lot of time. So, if you want to experience a new way to edit video, download Wondershare Filmora now!
In this article, we will show you how to rotate the video horizontally and vertically in iMovie as well as how to flip video footage in iMovie.
by Benjamin Arango May 16, 2023 19:16 PM
In this article, we will compare Sony Vegas and Adobe Premiere about workflow, output and usability, and you will see which one is better for you.
by Benjamin Arango May 16, 2023 19:19 PM