- Adobe Premiere User Guide
- 1. Alternatives+
- 1.1 Premieree Pro Alternatives
- 1.2 Premieree Elements Alternatives
- 1.3 After Effects VS Premieree
- 1.4 Premieree Pro CS6 for Mac
- 1.5 Top 10 Alternatives for Linux
- 2. Basic Editing
- 2.1 6 Most Useful Tips
- 2.2 System Requirements
- 2.3 Import and Export Videos
- 2.4 How to use Premieree Pro
- 2.5 Merging
- 2.6 Cropping
- 2.7 Rotating
- 2.8 Reversing
- 2.9 Slow-mo and Timelapse
- 3. Advanced Editing+
- 3.1 Record voiceover
- 3.2 Premiere Pro Transitions
- 3.3 Edit text/title
- 3.4 Create a Chroma-Key Effect
- 3.5 PIP/Split Screen
- 3.6 Color correction
- 3.7 Freeze-Frames
- 3.8 Motion blur
- 3.9 Upload to YouTube
- 4. Tips and Tricks+
How to Crop Videos in Adobe Premiere Pro
Video cropping actually means to clip edges of video. Adobe Premiere Pro can help you to crop all four edges of your video using it's built in Crop Effect.
You may also like:How to Rotate Videos in Adobe Premiere Pro >>
This is a basic tutorial about Adobe Premiere, professional video editing software. However, if video editing is new to you, consider Wondershare Filmora, which is a powerful but easy-to-use tool for users just starting out. Download the free trial version below.
How to Crop Videos in Adobe Premiere Pro
Those who are bored of using those black bordered videos and are now thinking to finally get rid of them are advised to take help from crop feature available inside video editor tools. Adobe Premiere Pro is well known as a professional editing solution that can assist users for cropping any desired edge of video and the great news is that you can do this task within few minutes. Here are the details to use this cropping effect on Premiere:
Step 1: First of all you need to import your desire video file to software platform; users can try drag and drop tools to accomplish this task easily.
Step 2: Now initiate a search for 'effects' tab on your software project window. Simply hit the Video Effects option below and then move to transform. Finally move to Crop.
Step 3: It is time to click on that crop option and then drag it to timeline. This will directly open the effects controls on screen.
Step 4: Start Cropping:
- Go to the left side of your software screen and here you will find Effects Control Window. Use arrow cursor to slide and then place it at your desired position where you wish to crop.
- If you want to crop all four sides of your video then you have to follow the same process on each position. Note that it is important to off frame the short appropriately and then start cropping it down.
Video tutorial on how to crop videos with Adobe Premiere Pro
Few Tips for Easy Video Cropping:
Here are few expert tips that you need to follow for cropping a video using Premiere Pro:
- One must always prefer to preview edited videos before taking them out or exporting them to hard drive. Ensure that your cropping limit is justified and it is not destroying the actual content of video.
- Never forget to check aspect ratio of your recently cropped video as it should be same as that you need for your desired output format.
- Also remember that quality of your cropped videos depend majorly upon selected output file format. For instance, if you are working on small dimensions and are trying to save final results in a format that has larger dimensions then quality will be affected by great amount. In these cases always try to go ahead with smaller output dimensions.
An Easier Way to Crop Videos in Filmora
Here are few simple to follow steps that can assist you to complete cropping task with ease:
Step 1: Import your video:
First of all users need to get their media files to be cropped on software timeline. On wondershare filmora terminal, it can be done either with the help of import tool that allows users to directly make selections from any folder inside computer. The other user-friendly option is to drag and drop files into wondershare album are the drag and drop tools.
Step 2: Cropping:
Once you have added your video track on wondershare platform then simply right click over it and a drop down menu will show “Crop and Zoom” option. Hit this option and it will immediately open editing window where videos can be cropped.
Now you will find three options at bottom portion of Wondershare editing window, they are manually select crop area, keep crop area in 4:3 aspect ratio or use 16:9 aspect ratio. In case if you have selected a radio then you will be able to select a suitable aspect ratio for your edited video. Otherwise, results will contain a black bar. For instance, if you have cropped your videos with 16:9 format then you have to adjust the resolution value in advanced settings. It must be kept somewhere around 1280*720, 480*272.
Step 3: Export the results:
If you find everything alright in your edited video then simply hit the create button, it will help you to save your cropped video. Videos can be exported in so many popular formats with ease as wondershare tool provides huge options. In case if you wish to play your video on iPad or iPhone etc devices then you can also choose your device type. Videos can also be uploaded directly to social media sites like YouTube etc.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>