Whether you are making a casual video for sharing with friends or making something much more complex for uploading on social media, all videos are not complete without the right music. While you can easily find the right song and music, you may get confused when you want to put music behind video that you may want to upload on social media. Thus, we are here with a complete detailed guide on how to put music over a video. To help you in easily learning how to put music behind a video, we have given multiple methods down below. This includes methods that need a computer, methods to put music on video online, methods on how to put music on Kinemaster, and much more.
In this article
Part 1 How to Put Music Over a Video?
#1) Put Music on Video with Filmora
If you are interested in learning how to put music on my video, then Filmora should be your first pick. This is due to the reason that it is one of the easiest to use video editors out there. And despite its basic user interface which is quite easy to use, it still offers a wide range of features and options.
You can find things like basic trim, cut, merge, and other tools along with advanced features like video effects, motion tracking, keyframing, audio processing, and much more making it the perfect video editor for computers. And since it has so many effects and options, you can also find the option to put music over a video inside Filmora. You can also learn how do you put music over a video using Filmora as given here:
Get started easily with Filmora's powerful performance, intuitive interface, and countless effects!
● First, click on the Import option using the Media Library panel.
● Here, you have to browse, find, and select the music file that you wish to add to your video.
● Once you have selected the right music file, it will be added to the Media Library in Filmora after which you can drag the media file from the Media Library to the timeline audio tracks.
● In case you do not have your own music files, then you can also go to the Filmora media audio library which offers more than 50 free to use music tracks.
● After you have added music of your choice using your preferred method, you can double click on the audio track to adjust its volume, pitch, keyframes, and many other advanced settings.
● At last, export the video in your desired settings to apply music over your video files using Filmora.
#2) Put Music over Video with iMovie
Just as you can probably guess by its name, iMovie is a video editor made by Apple which is available on almost all of its devices. This means that you can have a similar editing experience on your iPhone, iPad, iMac, and more. While this software is not ideal for any kind of advanced and large scale video editing projects, it is certainly more than enough for adding music to video files. Despite lacking video effects or other advanced features, you do get basic options like trimming, cutting, cropping, adding music, adding text, and other basic yet important features. Hence, if you want to learn how can I put music over a video on any of your Apple devices for completely free, then you can go through these steps and instructions:
● Since iMovie is available for both mobile devices and computers, we will be first taking a look at adding music on mobile devices and then on computers.
● On your Apple mobile device, you need to press the Add Media button on the iMovie timeline where you need to select Audio and browse from the display list.
● You can then tap on the Add icon next to the music track that you want to add to your videos.
● Finally, move the music track under your video and trip it to your desired length before saving your video in a desired video format along with the music track under it.
#3) Put Music under video with Premiere Pro
When compared with other video editors out there, Premiere Pro by Adobe is used for all kinds of large scale products including Hollywood movies and TV shows. This is due to the reason that Adobe Premiere offers every possible feature that you can ever want in a video editor. Even though Adobe Premiere Pro is not free to use, it is still a great option for many users who want to edit videos more than just adding music files. Whether it is advanced video effects, plugins support, automated editing, extensive media support, color grading options, VFX support, compatibility with other Adobe tools, sound design, or anything else, Adobe Premiere Pro offers it all. As a result, if you want to use Premiere Pro for adding music to video files, then it can be done quite easily as described here:
● Even though the user interface of Adobe Premiere Pro can be a little intimidating, adding music in it is still quite easy.
● To start, go to the Media Browser in Adobe Premiere Pro to find and browse your desired music tracks.
● You can then right click on a music track and select Import to get the music track in the media library.
● Finally, you can open the Media Library and drag this music track onto your timeline where it can be moved under any video of your choice.
● If you want, you can select the music track and go to the Effects Control window to change the volume levels, pitch, keyframes, and apply all other kinds of music effects before saving your video with music under it.
#4) How to Put Music Over Video Online?
In case you just want to add music to video files without using or applying any more effects, then you don’t need to install any programs on your computer. Instead, you can use one of the various online video editors for putting music over videos. Such video editors are completely free and do not use your computer’s processor which makes them great for entry level computers which cannot run heavy video editing programs. Most of these online video editors are also quite easy to use with basic and simple user interfaces making them great for beginners. You can also put music over videos online using such video editors by going through this step by step guide:
● First, open the Audio to Video Tool by Online Converter in any web browser of your choice.
● Now, choose the video file and the audio file that you want to combine together into a single media file.
● You can also change settings like the position of the audio, its volume level, mute the video file, and many others.
● Once all settings are changed to your preferences, you can click on Add to save the video with music added to it.
#5) How to Put Music in Kinemaster?
While all the various video editor apps given above are great for easily adding music to videos, all of them require you to have a computer for using them. Unfortunately, not everyone has a computer which means that using the methods stated earlier might not be feasible. Thankfully, you can still put music on video files using your smartphone. This is made possible thanks to various video editors available for mobile devices out there. One such great video editor option that you can use on your mobile device is Kinemaster. Not only can it be used for adding music, but you can also use multiple video effects, add video layers, add text and images, use an inbuilt media library, and so much more. And if you just want to add music to videos, then you can use Kinemaster as given in these steps:
● Since Kinemasater is made for mobile devices, its user interface is quite simple and easy to use.
● You can simply click on the Audio button to import any music file that you want to add to your video.
● Finally, adjust the music track to any position of your choice by long pressing on it and save the video with music added to it.
There might be many cases where you would want to add music or a specific song to a video that you want to share with others. By adding such music to your videos, you can make much better videos quite easily. Once you have added music, sharing the video with your friends and on social media will be a much better experience. However, since you will need a video editor to add music, most of you will not know how to put music in your videos. Therefore, if you want to know how do I put music over a video, you can go through all the different methods given above. You can easily go through all these methods to easily learn how to music under a video for making much better videos for social media. You can also leave your thoughts and questions on how do you put music to a video in the comments section down below.