Have you ever captured video with a cell phone or compact camera only to find it's vertically oriented and you can't view it properly? Before you go straining your neck or flipping your monitor in order to watch your video, we'll show you a few easier methods.
If simply want to rotate the video while you watch it, you can simply accomplish that within your media player. If you want to rotate the video permanently, try Wondershare Filmora (originally Wondershare Video Editor). It enables you to rotate video files in almost any video format including MOV, MP4, WMV, MKV, MTS, FLV, 3GP and more. Here you can download this software and learn how to rotate your video in any direction: you can rotate your video in 90 or 180 degrees clockwise or anticlockwise- whatever you need to correct the orientation.
- Part 1: How to Rotate Video Files
- Part 2: How to Rotate/Trim/Split/Crop/Merge Video Files(Video Tutorial)
Easy-to-use Video Rotator & Flipper:
Why choose Wondershare Filmora (originally Wondershare Video Editor)
- Easily rotate or flip your video files in just one click.
- Edit video/audio/photos with go-to features like trim, split, crop, etc.
- Make a picture-in-picture video,change the voice for fun with animated titles.
- Control the action with speed up and slow down effects.
- Share your video anywhere: TV, YouTube, Facebook, iPhone, PSP, etc.
Part 1: How to Rotate Video File
1.Import video files for rotation
2.Separate the fragment to be rotated (optional)
3.Rotate or flip your video
Double click the video on the timeline to bring up the editing panel. The Rotation options are located on top, including 4 buttons:
- Rotate video 90 degrees clockwise and continuously so that you can also rotate video 180 degrees, 270 degrees and rotate back to the original position.
- Rotate video 90 degrees anticlockwise and continuously, similar to Rotate 90 degrees clockwise but in anti-direction.
- Flip video horizontally, upside down.
- Flip video vertical, left to right, like looking at yourself in a mirror.
Click the button to rotate or flip your video and check the result in the preview window. When you get satisfied with the orientation of your video, hit "Return" and your clip will be rotated in the chosen way. Now you can turn to saving your video or continue editing.
4.Export the rotated or flipped video
Tip: What's the differences between "Rotate" and "Flip"?
Rotating a video is to spin around on its axis, while Flipping is to turn the object over. The rotation doesn't change the shape of the video, but will change the position. Flip do change the shape and the side which originally faced upwards will face down, like reflection.