Get Started on Mac
New Features of Mac
Creating New Projects
Importing & Recording
Video Editing on Mac
- Borders on Mac
- Speech to text/text to speech on Mac
- Apply Transforming for Mac
- Compositing on Mac
- Stabilize video on Mac
- Motion Tracking on Mac
- Green screen on Mac
- Lens correction on Mac
- Crop and zoom on Mac
- Mosaic on Mac
- PIP (picture in picture) on Mac
- Mask on Mac
- Video snapshot on Mac
- Play video in reverse on Mac
- Split screen on Mac
- Split & cut videos on Mac
- Using Face-Off Effect
- Change speed on Mac
- Freeze frame on Mac
- Applying Drop Shadow for Mac
- Auto enhance on Mac
Color Editing on Mac
Audio Editing on Mac
Animation Editing on Mac
Speed Editing on Mac
AI Editing on Mac
Improving Performance& Troubleshooting
Adjust Tone on Mac
Applying the tone adjustments can set the video to meet your ideal color, be brighter, lighter, darker, or gray.
Adjust the Tonal Scale to Videos on Mac
Here are the steps for adjusting the tone scale.
Step 1: Add the video clip
Launch the application on the computer. Import and drag the video to the bottom processing interface.
Step 2: Activate color settings
Click the video in the timeline. Then, the property panel will show on the left side of the interface. Click Color>Basic>Color to activate the setting adjustments.
Step 3: Adjust precise settings
Change the value of Exposure, Brightness, Contrast, Vibrance, and Saturation based on your needs. Click Ok when you are done.
Here is a brief introduction to the function of the precise settings:
- Exposure: Drag the slider to modify the nonideal exposure in the video. The right side with positive values means increasing tonal values and expanding highlights. The left side with negative values means decreasing tonal values and expanding shadows.
- Brightness: Drag the slider to adjust the brightness of the video. The right side with a positive value is to make the video brighter. The left side with a negative value is to make the video darker.
- Contrast: Drag the slider to adjust the contrast between light and dark areas. With a positive value, the right side is to make dark areas darker and light areas lighter. The left side with a negative value is to make darks lighter and lights darker.
- Vibrance: Drag the slider to adjust the intensity of muted colors and saturated colors. The right side, with a positive value, is to increase the intensity of muted colors while leaving saturated colors untouched. The left side with a negative value is to decrease the vibrance and makes the video gray.
- Saturation: Drag the slider to adjust the saturation of color. The right side with a positive value is to increase the color intensity, which makes the video more intensely colored. The left side with a negative value is to reduce the color intensity, which makes the video fade or desaturated and look gray.
Remove Tonal Scale Settings
If you want to delete the feature, click the clip first to return to the property panel. Then, you can click the Return icon beside the corresponding feature to remove the specific adjustment. Or, you can click the return button in the Color section if you want to reset them all.
Keyframes on Tone
In many cases, you only need to modify the color of the video at some specific points. You can apply the keyframe to do so. Drag the process bar to wherever you need to edit, change the settings of the color, then click the keyframe button beside the feature. Filmora will automatically analyze the setting at different keyframes and connect the changes of color smoothly and naturally.
sRGB VS RGB
Have you even heard of sRGB and RGB? In this article, we’ll share you the concepts of RGB and tell you the differences between sRGB and RGB.
Best Game Screen Recorders
For a handy game recording software, we’ve got some top-of-the-list recommendations for you. Refer to know how to record gameplay on PC with easiness. Learn more here:
How to Change YouTube Playback Speed to Speed Up or Slow Down Video
Are you watching the playback of a YouTube video, and you want to slow down or speed it up to understand the video better? Here's how to change YouTube playback speed to speed up or slow down.
Trim Video on Mac: 2 Hassle-Free Solutions
Do you want to trim video on Mac, but can't find any feasible solution? Read this post and learn how to trim any video on your Mac with 2 smart apps.
Fail to import AVCHD file.
Guide user how to import AVCHD files.
Why can’t I apply the transition to the video?
Guide user to apply the transition to the files on the 1st track.